Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2018 9:00:34 AM EDT
Tomorrow (August 28, 2018) is the Primary Elections in Florida.

This past Legislative Session, the majority of the Florida Republican Party sided with gun grabbers and pushed SB 7026 through. It stripped all Floridians between eighteen to twenty one years of age of their Second Amendment Rights. It imposed a mandatory waiting period on long gun purchases, and it will outlaw any "rate increasing devices" come October 1st.

The majority of those that voted in favor of this bill are term limited out. But not all of them are. Some are running to keep their seats.

House District 50 (Oralndo Area) Rene Plasencia (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by George Collins in the Primary. During his 2014 campaign, he praised Governor Rick Scott on "gun rights, economics, taxes, and pro-growth strategies". Yup, he praised gun rights alright; he betrayed Floridians and stripped them of their rights.

House District 52 (Melbourne Area) Thad Altman (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by Matt Nye in the Primary. Originally a member of the Brevard County Commission, Altman has been a career politician all his life. Jumping from public office to public office since 1984. He's been a member of the Florida House, then the Florida Senate, and went back to the Florida House again when he was term limited in the Senate. Altman voted in support of gun control in 2013 and claimed that the NRA still supported him. And guess what, he voted in support of gun control in 2018 too.

House District 116 (Doral/Miami Area) Daniel Perez (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by Frank Polo in the Primary. A new comer to the Florida House, Perez won a special election for the seat on September 26, 2017. and one of his first acts was voting for gun control.

Senate District 4 (Jacksonville Area) Aaron Bean (Republican) voted in support of SB 7026 this past session and is being challenged by Carlos Slay in the Primary. Another career politician, Bean has been in office since 2000. First starting in the Florida House and then jumping over to the Senate in 2012. Running on a strong Anti-Illegal Immigration platform. He stated, "I know it feels good giving benefits away. We are giving so many benefits to non-citizensdoes it matter even being an American citizen anymore?" I guess it must feel good for him to strip the Second Amendment rights of Floridians.

Remember these names when you go to the polls tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the Information.

As a registered Independent, I'm on the sidelines, but I hope the failures get swept out.

I'm tempted to change my affiliation at times to have more influence, but just can't stomach the idea of being affiliated with the current republican Party.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the Information.

As a registered Independent, I'm on the sidelines, but I hope the failures get swept out.

I'm tempted to change my affiliation at times to have more influence, but just can't stomach the idea of being affiliated with the current republican Party.
View Quote
This...I'm NPA now though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting this.  I'm a registered Independent, so I cant vote in the primary.  But will use this to help with my decision on election day.  While I always vote R.  I don't want to vote in a RINO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
So are these the only Republicans that voted for SB 7026 that aren't term limited?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So are these the only Republicans that voted for SB 7026 that aren't term limited?
View Quote
To my knowledge yes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I's a registered Republican. Harumpff.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for posting this. Is it also posted in GD?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thank you for posting this. Is it also posted in GD?
View Quote
Si
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, I think those are simply the ones who have primary challengers.  75% of the House GOP caucus voted for SB 7026.  Some of those (I would guess 25% or so) are term-limited out.  The rest are running un-opposed in the primary.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Giving the back FUCK YOU! to Aaron Bean today
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#11]
So, how did it turn out?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, how did it turn out?
View Quote
They won
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#13]
there are quite a number of very liberal Florida politicians posing as 'Republicans'.   They are not hard to spot.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
there are quite a number of very liberal Florida politicians posing as 'Republicans'.   They are not hard to spot.
View Quote
I still recommend voting for them because they have an "R" after their name.  Their first vote will be to organize whatever legislative body they are elected to (US Senate, US House, state house, or state senate), and we need Republicans to be running all of those bodies.

The only exception might be the Florida state house, where the GOP holds a large majority, and all of them will be up for re-election in 2020, before redistricting occurs.  If a few liberal Republicans in the state house lose to dems, that might not be a bad thing in the long run.  Everywhere else, the margins are too thin to play that game.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I still recommend voting for them because they have an "R" after their name.
View Quote
It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

I'm not voting for anyone who wants more government, more gun control and higher taxes, regardless of whatever letters they put by their names. Hans Christian Andersen wrote fairy tales about this level of idiocy and grown men still fall for it over a hundred years later.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm not voting for anyone who wants more government, more gun control and higher taxes, regardless of whatever letters they put by their names. Hans Christian Andersen wrote fairy tales about this level of idiocy and grown men still fall for it over a hundred years later.
View Quote
Chuck Schumer appreciates your support.

Pathetic!
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pathetic!
View Quote
Ironic since he’s only a pen stroke away from having your support with a “R” by his name. I don’t compromise my values for any party.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ironic since he’s only a pen stroke away from having your support with a “R” by his name. I don’t compromise my values for any party.
View Quote
There haven't been principled candidates for a long, long time.  Grow up.  It's never going to be perfect.  Yes, we will often have to fight to keep scraps of what we have left.

The "muh prinsipulls" crowd sat at home in 08 and 12.

How did 8 years of Obama work out for the country.

Scott is a steaming shit sandwich, but I'll vote for him to slow down (and hopefully stop) the progressive long game.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There haven't been principled candidates for a long, long time.  Grow up.  It's never going to be perfect.  Yes, we will often have to fight to keep scraps of what we have left.

Scott is a steaming shit sandwich, but I'll vote for him to slow down (and hopefully stop) the progressive long game.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironic since he's only a pen stroke away from having your support with a "R" by his name. I don't compromise my values for any party.

It gave us Trump like Carter gave us Reagan.

But compromise and voting the lesser of two evils is why we got Carter and Obama to start with.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It gave us Trump like Carter gave us Reagan.

But compromise and voting the lesser of two evils is why we got Carter and Obama to start with.
View Quote
BOOM
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still recommend voting for them because they have an "R" after their name.

Amen.  Voting for them because they have an R behind their name is how we got McStain, Cry baby Ryan, etc.  I don't play that game.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Pathetic!
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you looked at the 2020 Senate map?

Or the 2022 map?

Have you watched the Judiciary hearings on Kavanaugh?  (I'm guessing "no", "no", "no")

A two vote difference in the Senate would effectively be a 100 vote difference.

By the way, DeSantis just picked a state rep who voted for gun control to his Lt.Governor.  I guess you clowns can vote against him now to "teach him a lesson".

Gillum appreciates your support!
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Have you looked at the 2020 Senate map?

Or the 2022 map?

Have you watched the Judiciary hearings on Kavanaugh?  (I'm guessing "no", "no", "no")

A two vote difference in the Senate would effectively be a 100 vote difference.

By the way, DeSantis just picked a state rep who voted for gun control to his Lt.Governor.  I guess you clowns can vote against him now to "teach him a lesson".

Gillum appreciates your support!
View Quote
Spare me that bullshit.

I've watched some of the Kavanaugh hearings.  All I really care about is the final vote, which I believe will be to confirm him.  I don't care what Feinstein or Corey Booker have to say about him because I already know that 100% of the Democratic party and around 50% of the GOP are on the same team.

DeSantis picking a gun control proponent as his running mate tells me all that I need to know about him.  He's a wolf in sheep's clothing and is not to be trusted, just like Rick Scott.  I'm tired of limp-wristed, weak-kneed Republicans trying to appeal to the Democratic left.  That's like loading your executioner's gun and telling him what ear you want it in.

I voted for Trump for 2 reasons:  The Supreme Court and the way he was punching back at the left.  I'm happy with some of the stuff he's done, but not with everything.  I'm not all on his nuts and MAGA everything.  I'm a pragmatist and I expect results from the people I vote for.

Bottom line, you go ahead and keep voting for progressives on RINOs with an R next to their name.  I'm done rewarding bad behavior.

If the GOP loses the House and/or the Senate, the blame will fall squarely in the lap of the GOP establishment.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

DeSantis picking a gun control proponent as his running mate tells me all that I need to know about him.  He's a wolf in sheep's clothing and is not to be trusted, just like Rick Scott.  I'm tired of limp-wristed, weak-kneed Republicans trying to appeal to the Democratic left.  That's like loading your executioner's gun and telling him what ear you want it in.

I voted for Trump for 2 reasons:  The Supreme Court and the way he was punching back at the left.  I'm happy with some of the stuff he's done, but not with everything.  I'm not all on his nuts and MAGA everything.  I'm a pragmatist and I expect results from the people I vote for.

If the GOP loses the House and/or the Senate, the blame will fall squarely in the lap of the GOP establishment.  
View Quote
Give me a break.  DeSantis will be the most pro-RKBA the state has had in decades.  Unlike past GOP governors (Scott, Crist, Bush, etc.), he is likely to push strongly for the 2nd amendment.  Most people can't even name the current Lt. Governor, so "what difference does it make?" who he picks, aside from helping him campaign and win?  DeSantis is strong in north Florida, but weak in south Florida.  Nunez will help him here, and among women voters, and in the critical I-4 corridor.  And she will be an important bridge to the state legislature, should DeSantis win.  It was a really strong and smart selection by DeSantis.

As for the Supreme Court, we agree there.  But the same Republicans you complain about are the same ones who will get Kavanaugh confirmed.  If the Senate flips next year, Trump will get no more Supreme Court nominations confirmed.

If the GOP loses  the House and/or the Senate, the blame will fall squarely in the lap of the GOP establishment so-called "conservative" losers who won't vote for a candidate because they are not 100% perfect in their eyes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top