Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2021 8:42:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#1]
That is truly disgusting and pathetic, not that I am surprised with out government. Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#2]
That is pitiful.

Here is Texas, you walk right into the Capitol.  There's even a special lane if you have your CHL permit - no X-ray for you, and you can carry both open and concealed inside, even into hearing rooms.

All meeting rooms are open to the public - now for Senate ones you have to take a Wuhan test - not sure how that works as I was at a House hearing last week on Constitutional Carry.  But for the House, there are kikos in the hall where you look up what bill you wish to speak about, put in your name and position, then come up to the podium with the Chairman calls your name.

It's just laziness and corruption on the part of FLA's leadership - there's no reason they can't follow the exact same things we're doing in Texas, all without "bodies pilled up in hospital hallways" like we've been threatened with for a year.   But then, at the Constitutional Carry bill hearing, it didn't start until 11 PM as there was a full day of hollering, screaming, and other toddler behavior (the George Floyd Act was up for discussion, with predictable results) .  Then we carried on with CC till 530 am.  And as polite and well mannered as a Church picnic.  So the advantage for elected officials is that they get through their hearings in a fraction of the time.  And without that bothersome public being involved.  

I know it's frustrating, but thanks for all the good work you are doing for us.  I'm moving back to Gainesville this year, and will get involved with GOA Florida and help out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top