Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2021 11:19:41 PM EDT
I moved states (left Florida) and am wondering what I can do about my Florida ccw before I get a new states driver's license. I'll eventually call when I get the time to mess with it, in the mean time does anyone know how such a thing would work, if I can change my resident ccw into a non-resident ccw permit?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds really simple. Thank you
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:44:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you can convert your resident to a non-resident permit. When you move, just notify FDACS of the address change.
View Quote

Does that work the other way too?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#5]
A change of address is easy and can be done online.  Your address in not actually printed on your card so you don't need to do anything other the notify the dept.

https://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/license/ChangeAddress.aspx?TYPE=790

The concept of "resident v non-resident" is a little more complex.

Florida does not issue resident or non-resident licenses.  It just issues a license.  The only time Florida cares if you are a resident or not, is at renewal time.  If you are not a resident then you must submit fingerprints for the renewal.  Resident do not submit prints.

Other states may care if you are a resident or not.  Some states do not reciprocate unless you are a resident of the state that issued the license that you are trying to use to reciprocate.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Huh. After looking at it, my permit doesn't say nonres. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#7]
that's great news
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top