Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2021 11:59:41 PM EDT
Hi all, just wanted to reach out to you Florida guys and gals regarding the legality of out of staters carrying stun guns or tasers in Florida?  I've been looking up as much info as I can find and some sources imply that there are no restrictions besides schools, school buses, etc. for any non-felon adult to carry a stun gun or taser in FL.  Conversely, other things I've read state that you need a FL concealed carry license or a reciprocal out of state license to carry a stun gun.  I have some female family that will be visiting FL over Thanksgiving week and they would like to carry a stun gun for protection.  She has a carry license for a handgun in NY but FL does not honor that because NY refuses to honor other states' licenses.  Yes, NY sucks.

What say you all on the stun gun carry?  I appreciate any insight provided.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 1:07:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks kissfan.  It looks like Section 790.01 (3)(b)(2) states that unlicensed concealed carry of a stun gun or taser for self-defense purposes is lawful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top