Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I betcha a lot of those teachers have more common sense than these pencil-pushers that write this crap up.
Most teachers have compassion for their students and actually want them to succeed in life.
I say all the ass holes that had a hand in coming up with and administering  this test should first have to
pass a test on History and Core Math, that my friends would shut their effin mouth.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#2]
good to see someone finally winnowing out the chaff from the grain.   Far too many inept teachers drawing big salaries.   Far too many kids going uneducated.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Teaching is the most overpaid part time job this side of Congress.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
good to see someone finally winnowing out the chaff from the grain.   Far too many inept teachers drawing big salaries.   Far too many kids going uneducated.
View Quote
there are no big salaries dude.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
for what they do,  for their level of education,  and for their lack of production,  yeah,  there are some over paid teachers.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sho ain't!
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Two of my nieces and one of my nephews are teachers in PBC and believe they're entitled to immediate $10,000 raises.

I'm fairly certain that Gillum has bought their votes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sho ain't!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sho ain't!
Still, way over paid for a part time job. Only Congress is more overpaid for part time work. (LOL I SAID WORK)
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, teachers are so overpaid and given so much vacation time we can't find any to do the job. Makes perfect sense.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
As someone who's wife is a teacher, your statement is so incredibly shortsighted and shows your blatant ignorance about teaching as a profession in today's society.

Part time? Are you aware that MOST teachers put in 12hr+ days, and most pull in <$40k/yr before taxes, and still have to pay out of pocket for classroom supplies and paper(my wife is a middle school science teacher, and is allotted a single case of paper/semester for all of her teaching needs, and that single case does not even cover one set of progress reports that are mandated to be sent out every 9 weeks).  My wife routinely leaves the house at 530am and rarely gets home before 6pm. Teachers may get the summer off from teaching, but most have to pick up summer jobs to make ends meet, because that is 2-3 months of the year that they aren't getting a paycheck.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As someone who's wife is a teacher, your statement is so incredibly shortsighted and shows your blatant ignorance about teaching as a profession in today's society.

Part time? Are you aware that MOST teachers put in 12hr+ days, and most pull in <$40k/yr before taxes, and still have to pay out of pocket for classroom supplies and paper(my wife is a middle school science teacher, and is allotted a single case of paper/semester for all of her teaching needs, and that single case does not even cover one set of progress reports that are mandated to be sent out every 9 weeks).  My wife routinely leaves the house at 530am and rarely gets home before 6pm. Teachers may get the summer off from teaching, but most have to pick up summer jobs to make ends meet, because that is 2-3 months of the year that they aren't getting a paycheck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And nothing says they have to continue doing that job.

I put in 12 hour days, work weekends, and work off duties to make a living as a state cop. I am going to hang up the badge aoon because it isn't worth it. The state pays shit and offers shit benefits.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#12]
I can honestly say, at last around me, most teachers don't do it for the paycheck, I suspect for the same reason as most cops. They do it to make a difference.

Also, the test mentioned in the OP, has been around for like 4 years, and the reason for all the teachers getting the boot now, is because it's not a yearly test, and all these teachers waited till zero hour to take the test, which isn't a difficult test at all it's just basic general education stuff, and they all failed it and couldn't retest.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife has 3 MS degrees and has been rated as highly effective for 7 years and makes $41k!  It’s a joke...
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can honestly say, at last around me, most teachers don't do it for the paycheck, I suspect for the same reason as most cops. They do it to make a difference.

Also, the test mentioned in the OP, has been around for like 4 years, and the reason for all the teachers getting the boot now, is because it's not a yearly test, and all these teachers waited till zero hour to take the test, which isn't a difficult test at all it's just basic general education stuff, and they all failed it and couldn't retest.
View Quote
Most do it because they had noble goals when they started and then became pigeonholed into their jobs and are afraid of leaving it and the benefits behind (even if shitty) because they already vest time in. That is the honest truth. I have a high education and spent the majority of my adult life as a cop. I am sure as shit pigeonholed. What can do I besides this? Many teachers are in the same boat. They get degrees in teaching and are stuck for the same reasons. No variety in background and experience. They simply have no other marketable skills.

What am I going to do to break the cycle? First is get over my fear of not being able to do something else and find better paying, less stressful work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top