Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2021 9:12:26 PM EDT
Am I reading this right? By having a CT permit I am able to concealed carry in FL without applying for a non-resident permit?

790.015 Nonresidents who are United States citizens and hold a concealed weapons license in another state; reciprocity.—
(1) Notwithstanding s. 790.01, a nonresident of Florida may carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm while in this state if the nonresident:
(a) Is 21 years of age or older.
(b) Has in his or her immediate possession a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued to the nonresident in his or her state of residence.
(c) Is a resident of the United States.
(2) A nonresident is subject to the same laws and restrictions with respect to carrying a concealed weapon or concealed firearm as a resident of Florida who is so licensed.
(3) If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by:
(a) Registering to vote;
(b) Making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17; or
(c) Filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state,
the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence.
(4) This section applies only to nonresident concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenseholders from states that honor Florida concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenses.
(5) The requirement of paragraph (1)(a) does not apply to a person who:
(a) Is a servicemember, as defined in s. 250.01; or
(b) Is a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who was discharged under honorable conditions.
History.—s. 1, ch. 99-132; s. 2, ch. 2012-108.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Since Connecticut does not honor Florida licenses, they do not honor ours.

(4) This section applies only to nonresident concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenseholders from states that honor Florida concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenses.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since Connecticut does not honor Florida licenses, they do not honor ours.

View Quote

Lol I just read that elsewhere. Fuck this state.

Anybody know the turnaround time or cost for a non resident permit down there?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have my Florida Non-resident. Firgure since I own a home there I should be able to carry there.

Price was $97 total.

I made the appointment online in Orlando. I arrived about 10 mins early. They took my NRA training certificate and CT driver license and told me to wait. I sat down and barely opened the magazine when they called me and 4 others. We went inside, received our license and NRA certificate back then sat down in front of a computer and filled out the electronic form. An employee came over and made sure I answered everything correctly and hit submit. Next screen I did the payment. You can use credit card or a check. Once paid I waited a couple minutes and they fingerprinted me electronically. I waited again for a minute and they took my photo and sent me home. I was told a "few weeks". That was a Tuesday. The next Friday I had the permit in my mailbox. I timed the whole process, 18 minutes from when I walked in the door until I walked out.

You will need your NRA Pistol class certificate. They do not give a shit about your CT permit.

You can schedule an appointment online. https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Concealed-Weapon-License/Applying-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-License
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have my Florida Non-resident. Firgure since I own a home there I should be able to carry there.

Price was $97 total.

I made the appointment online in Orlando. I arrived about 10 mins early. They took my NRA training certificate and CT driver license and told me to wait. I sat down and barely opened the magazine when they called me and 4 others. We went inside, received our license and NRA certificate back then sat down in front of a computer and filled out the electronic form. An employee came over and made sure I answered everything correctly and hit submit. Next screen I did the payment. You can use credit card or a check. Once paid I waited a couple minutes and they fingerprinted me electronically. I waited again for a minute and they took my photo and sent me home. I was told a "few weeks". That was a Tuesday. The next Friday I had the permit in my mailbox. I timed the whole process, 18 minutes from when I walked in the door until I walked out.

You will need your NRA Pistol class certificate. They do not give a shit about your CT permit.

You can schedule an appointment online. https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Concealed-Weapon-License/Applying-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-License
View Quote

Thanks edge, much appreciated.

This is now road salt thread. How many more saltings until winter is over? My guess is two light saltings and one 24 hour saltathon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks edge, much appreciated.

This is now road salt thread. How many more saltings until winter is over? My guess is two light saltings and one 24 hour saltathon.
View Quote

Hahahahahahhaha
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:20:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol I just read that elsewhere. Fuck this state.

Anybody know the turnaround time or cost for a non resident permit down there?
View Quote

Turn-around time can vary. When I did my initial, I mailed my application in around the end of September 2008 and received my license in January 2009. There was a processing backlog due to to the increased interest after the 08 election. My renewal went a lot faster.

https://www.fdacs.gov/Consumer-Resources/Concealed-Weapon-License/Applying-for-a-Concealed-Weapon-License

If you choose the Mail-in option, each application has a unique, personal, tracking number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top