Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2021 5:36:38 PM EDT
What ticket do you write to someone for illegally using a PA system in their vehicle? I've read it's a non-moving violation and costs about $30.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of such a charge. Interested to learn of this... not that I would give a shit about enforcing it.

The 2nd DCA IIRC has ruled the Sound Making Device law unconstitutional and as far as I know, the FL Supreme Court has yet to rule otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
The noisemaking statues for the most part have been struck down as Bowhunter pounted out. The PA law is there but is akin to the loud noise stuff. Same reason people are allowed to set up camp on medians begging for money.

Freedom of speech, the idiots blaring music from PA and interior loudspeakers have a constitutional protected right to disturb the hell out of everyone else and the bums wondering in and out of traffic have a right to wonder in and out of traffic collecting money.

The agencies in your area arent going to have any interest in enforcing any of those laws IMO.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#3]
This might be the statute that you are thinking of... I don't know where the case law stands at this time:

316.3045 Operation of radios or other mechanical soundmaking devices or instruments in vehicles; exemptions.—

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.3045.html

This is the case law that I am familiar with:

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/fl-supreme-court/1618019.html

Looks like some more up to date info here as well as some other thought provoking info if you have the time to look around:

https://criminallawyerjacksonville.com/0316.3045.html

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Can we do something about the loud little mini cars.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude!
I'm living on Goldenrod in Orlando, and it's nonstop.
ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
An unintended consequence of having no vehicle inspections, is that all these wannabe "fast and furious" retards simply remove their mufflers, and catalytic convertors, and BAM! Instant race car!
Then with the $ they get for selling the catalytic converters, they buy a huge amp, and blast mariachi music so fuckin loud, it can be heard on the international space station.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dude!
ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
An unintended consequence of having no vehicle inspections, is that all these wannabe "fast and furious" retards simply remove their mufflers, and catalytic convertors, and BAM! Instant race car!
Then with the $ they get for selling the catalytic converters, they buy a huge amp, and blast mariachi music so fuckin loud, it can be heard on the international space station.
View Quote

It should be legal to run Ricers into a ditch or anything that will cause them to burst into flames.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dude!
ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
View Quote

Used to live in WPB, had a similar experience. Hasn’t quite made it to where I am in Seminole yet. Most of the noise is harleys

Orlando itself is a bit of a pit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Orlando is not my final destination, but I scored a gig living in a house for free, while I renovate it. It takes me an hour to get into saltwater. Hour and a half to Sebastian inlet. I think I'm personally keeping the oil industry afloat.
 There is plenty of entertainment value here, though. The dirt bikes and 4 wheelers are fun to watch...  
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It should be legal to run Ricers into a ditch or anything that will cause them to burst into flames.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude!
ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

Mag dumps cool?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#12]
We caught this on the dashcam today. Just one small group.
These guys are all over the joint. Today we had a group of over 100 go by the house.

Goldenrod Entertainment Short
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure!

F.S. 316.293(5): NOISE ABATEMENT EQUIPMENT MODIFICATIONS.—
(a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise-abatement device of a motor vehicle operated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the motor vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.
(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon the highways of the state with an exhaust system or noise-abatement device so modified.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What ticket do you write to someone for illegally using a PA system in their vehicle? I've read it's a non-moving violation and costs about $30.
View Quote

This isn’t one I’m familiar with either. Only thing I could possibly think of is a municipal or county ordinance violation.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sure!

(a) No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle or any other noise-abatement device of a motor vehicle operated or to be operated upon the highways of this state in such a manner that the noise emitted by the motor vehicle is above that emitted by the vehicle as originally manufactured.
(b) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon the highways of the state with an exhaust system or noise-abatement device so modified.
View Quote

Not arguing your statement by any means, but LEO's would have to ticket most of the west coast of FL, and all of the Panhandle it that statute was being upheld. Admittingly I like a little grumble to my exhaust, but nothing you can hear over your windows being rolled up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not arguing your statement by any means, but LEO's would have to ticket most of the west coast of FL, and all of the Panhandle it that statute was being upheld. Admittingly I like a little grumble to my exhaust, but nothing you can hear over your windows being rolled up.
View Quote

They could if they wanted to, but most don’t care about such things.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:54:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dude!
ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.
View Quote
Goldenrod is the Latin ghetto. You couldn't pay me to live in that area again.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude!
ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

It is.
It's also an hour to saltwater , and an hour and a half to the inlet.
That said, I got offered a gig to live rent free for 6/8 months while I renovate the house so they can sell it. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the real estate bubble to burst.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:41:00 PM EDT
[#19]
In St. John's county there is a trend for kids in trucks that their daddy bought them to drop the back (lean), REMOVE the exhaust, and place a speaker OUTSIDE the truck to blast rap music as loud as possible.

I wonder if we are having the same problem.

I can't even begin to describe how stupid loud this is.  There is a difference between making it sound "good" and making it just loud to be annoying.  

Far louder than a neighbor shooting (which of course doesn't bother me and isn't all that loud anyway).  

Worst part is they just drive around all day like they have no job.

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In St. John's county there is a trend for kids in trucks that their daddy bought them to drop the back (lean), REMOVE the exhaust, and place a speaker OUTSIDE the truck to blast rap music as loud as possible.

I wonder if we are having the same problem.

I can't even begin to describe how stupid loud this is.  Far louder than a neighbor shooting (which of course doesn't bother me and isn't all that loud anyway).  

Worst part is they just drive around all day like they have no job.

View Quote

These fucking "squatty trucks" need to go. I'm currently renting in JCP and these bastards are everywhere. Someone called it a "Clay County lean" but idk if that's the real name. I have been trying to think of creative ways to entertain myself at their expense....
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

These fucking "squatty trucks" need to go. I'm currently renting in JCP and these bastards are everywhere. Someone called it a "Clay County lean" but idk if that's the real name. I have been trying to think of creative ways to entertain myself at their expense....
View Quote

Here they call it Palatka lean.  I don't care if they want to look stupid, but the noise is ridiculous.  I'm considering of doing the same and circling THEIR house 40 times per day from 9pm to 5am.  

Some of us work for a living.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top