Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2020 11:14:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/22/2020 7:40:11 PM EST by CrazyIvan6115]
Anyone else going to the Florida Carry meet-up in Tally on Thurs. ? Ma samitch maker and I are going. It is on Crapbook but I think you have to be part of the group to see it. It is to counter Moms Demand Action. The meet up is at 306 S Duval St., Kleman Plaza parking garage(it is not free parking) at the fountain and was asked that we have on blue shirts. It is not an open carry thing.

UPDATE:

I am on the Florida Carry Facebook page on a kindle and it is right there first thing under Florida Carry Main Forum. facebook.com/events/589229525208204/?ref=bookmarks is what is up when on the event page for the meet up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:56:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:08:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:34:02 AM EST
I've been a Florida Carry member for going on 3 years now, and the only communications I have gotten in that time are (1) here's your membership card and (2) the email in the past week or two about "we won our lawsuit against a locality." Why are they putting this info out on Facebook (where not everyone is) instead of an email blast to members?
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:45:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:19:28 PM EST
The wife unit showed it to me. I do not do facebook so I will get her to get me the link.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:35:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 2:26:13 PM EST
I put an update in the OP. Being redundant, I went on the facebook on the wife's kindle, clicked groups, clicked Florida Carry. Came up to mobile main page, first thing under the Florida Carry Main Forum is the notice about tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:31:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:45:09 PM EST
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/Vu0D2TQ.jpg
View Quote
Thanks Miami for putting this up. As was said on the FC facebook page, they need to put this kind of stuff out here better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:49:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:59:08 PM EST
Hey no shit. How about an e-mail?

Too soon. I just got home from Richmond. The Florida House was rockin!!!!

RINO_HUNTER in Jax got a house in the city within walking distance of everything. BROWARDMASON was with us also.

We also had 1 Az, 1 Mo, 1 Tn, 1 Pa, and 1 Va in the house.

With Black Fox, M4REAL and others stopping by.

The pic going around of the 2 guys with the shields are Black Fox and his Va friend with the rest of us around them.

I'd like to come up there to help but 1 days notice won't work.

Lack of organization is a big reason our side is behind.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 7:09:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:57:30 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
I've been a Florida Carry member for going on 3 years now, and the only communications I have gotten in that time are (1) here's your membership card and (2) the email in the past week or two about "we won our lawsuit against a locality." Why are they putting this info out on Facebook (where not everyone is) instead of an email blast to members?
View Quote
Same here, very disappointing. I didn’t hear about this until I saw some Red shirt moms boarding a charter bus to go to Tally to lobby this morning on the news.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:28:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 7:55:46 AM EST
Shit! I just got back from Virginia and am just now hearing about this!!! Ugh!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:03:44 AM EST
Officially joined Florida Carry yesterday and only learned about this yesterday as well. Too soon to take off work! But yeah, we need to get organized and soon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:20:37 AM EST
Again, I didn't know either. This is why we need to get together and organize.
View Quote
True, but it calls into question the purpose and effectiveness of Florida Carry, who purports to be THE pro-RKBA group of Florida.

So the question becomes: Do we improve Florida Carry (assuming they recognize a problem and are willing to be improved), or do we stand up a new organization that Florida Carry will inevitably see as a competitor? I don't have an answer yet, but that's the crux of the matter.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 12:47:08 PM EST
True, but it calls into question the purpose and effectiveness of Florida Carry, who purports to be THE pro-RKBA group of Florida.

So the question becomes: Do we improve Florida Carry (assuming they recognize a problem and are willing to be improved), or do we stand up a new organization that Florida Carry will inevitably see as a competitor? I don't have an answer yet, but that's the crux of the matter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

FCDL?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 1:42:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By M4Real:
FCDL?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

FCDL?
Sure, but then you have to justify to people why to join it instead of FL Carry, etc.

I have nothing against Florida Carry. I'd like to see them become the equivalent of an FCDL. I don't know if their leadership is up for that, because I don't know them well enough. I would hope they would be, if they have people who are willing to come on board and shoulder that burden.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:04:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:29:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:31:42 PM EST
Spoke in detail about the issues with communications and mission goal today with the BoD members of FL Carry. They were at the Capitol.

https://i.imgur.com/6tnZ27T.jpg

They're completely revamping the organization and they admit they're far behind. In February they're publicly announcing the overhaul. They are very much looking into becoming more like VCDL and not a State Level NRA type organization that simply relies on lawsuits. They want to take the fight forward and become aggressive.

Today, we blocked Moms Demand Action all day along with actually lobbying ourselves.

https://i.imgur.com/4MWfT3M.jpg

Some of the Moms were cordial and polite, as were we. Others were downright nasty. But we pretty much ruined their day.

In the end. The goal this year is to prevent any anti gun bill form succeeding. There are only three pro gun bills and forty three anti gun Bill's. The pro gun Bill's were all submitted by Rep. Anthony Sabatini and they have no companion bills in the Senate. Sen. Dennis Baxley is the most pro gun figure in the Senate and he flat out stated nothing will happen with Sen. Pres. Bill Galvano running the show.

Luckily, the House isn't too thrilled about Galvano's pet bill, SB 7028 nor is the House supportive of the other forty two other gu. control bills.
View Quote
Thanks for being there and doing what you're doing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 3:59:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:19:10 PM EST
Florida Carry definitely needs to decide what their role is going to be. Admittedly, I had a membership at one time but the comms from them were virtually non-existent and the “feel” of their interface left much to be desired. It just feels like a empty shell of an organization.

Virginia should serve as both a major wake-up call and also a role model for us. 2A supporters in this state must have a common direction and an organization modeled along the lines of VCDL would make it easier for the average citizen to stay up to date on calls to action, meet-ups, etc. It is badly needed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:19:32 PM EST
We met with the governor's staff also.
View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 6:48:51 PM EST
Shit! I just got back from Virginia and am just now hearing about this!!! Ugh!!!
View Quote
Inorite?

So disappointing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:09:03 PM EST
Top Top