Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:39:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:31:47 AM EST
Apparently Polk just voted to pass this as well
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 10:47:12 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 12:55:38 PM EST
Bay County Commission voting today:

6. Resolution Supporting Second Amendment Rights

Recommendation:

Board to adopt the attached resolution which: 1) supports the right to bear arms and declares Bay County to be a "Second Amendment Sanctuary"; and 2) revises Bay County's

Workplace Violence Policy to permit employees to carry a concealed weapon or firearm where permitted by law.

BACKGROUND:

An individual's right to possess a firearm is protected by the United States Constitution and the Florida Constitution. This resolution reaffirms the Commission's support for those constitutional rights.

The designation of Bay County as a "Second Amendment Sanctuary" would demonstrate the commitment of the Board to protect the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and to oppose efforts to infringe on this right.

The resolution also modifies the County's Workplace Violence Policy, which currently prohibits employees from carrying a firearm while on County property. The revised policy provides that any person who is legally permitted to carry a concealed weapon or firearm under applicable law is allowed to do so on County property, to the maximum extent permitted by law. State law still prohibits open carry of a handgun or concealed carry of any weapon or firearm at any meeting of the governing body of a local government.

Staff recommends the Board adopt the attached Resolution Supporting Second Amendment Rights. See Exhibit 1.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:50:30 PM EST
@Miami_JBT

You can add Bay County to the list.

At Wednesday’s Bay County commission meeting, commissioners took multiple actions in light of the Second Amendment. Commissioners declared Bay County a ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary.’

This allows the board to protect Second Amendment rights and to oppose any efforts to violate these rights.

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/bay-county-approves-employee-guns/
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:01:51 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kissfan:
Phhhttttt... Alachua
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kissfan:
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
Originally Posted By MRW:
it's a start

stuck in Orange
Stuck in Leon. I know the feeling.
Phhhttttt... Alachua
Yep. Me too. It will never happen here.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:07:34 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:41:56 AM EST
I'm in PBC where the gun ranges are currently full of cars with NY, Mass, Conn. NJ........license plates and whose occupants are enjoying their gun rights seasonally here in Florida, but then vote for gun grabbing autocrats anyway.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:20:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By America-first:
I'm in PBC where the gun ranges are currently full of cars with NY, Mass, Conn. NJ........license plates and whose occupants are enjoying their gun rights seasonally here in Florida, but then vote for gun grabbing autocrats anyway.
View Quote
Same here. It's mind blowing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:50:46 AM EST
Didn't Desoto County just pass this?
Top Top