Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2021 8:20:01 AM EDT
Lighting Cuban cigars with $100 bills?
Nah.
Shooting .223 or 9mm at a plywood target!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell I’m so poor I have started thinking about trading a .223 for a Precharged pneumatic air rifle. My banker already did.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Pfft (no pun intended) where you gonna buy pellets?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Academy has them in stock online
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pfft (no pun intended) where you gonna buy pellets?
View Quote

My nephew left a whole shit load of .22 cal pellets and I don't have a .22 cal pellet rifle. I still have a decent stash of .177 for my RWS.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
LO, TIME FOR A NEW SLING SHOT
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LO, TIME FOR A NEW SLING SHOT
View Quote

I’m skeereed of them ever sense I seen the YouTube video of the ole boy shooting a board with a stealy ball and it ricocheted back to pelt him in the balls!
I have got to watching the rat exterminator videos on YouTube.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently bought a Benjamin Marauder .25 synthetic off of Amazon for $375+ scope+ a manual air pump and an electric compressor to play with.  It shoots pretty nice. The pellets Benjamin .25 were pricey
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I recently bought a Benjamin Marauder .25 synthetic off of Amazon for $375+ scope+ a manual air pump and an electric compressor to play with.  It shoots pretty nice. The pellets Benjamin .25 were pricey
View Quote

I did the Umarex Origin in .22 cal. Now I'm just waiting on it to get into stock.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I also have a RWS 48 .22 and a RWS 34 .177 already but I wanted to try a PCP and maybe try it out on a hog hunt. I put a Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 AO Scope, 1 in, Mil-Dot (14141), Black from Amazon on the PCP-based on reviews. On my springer rifles I used Nikons but they stopped making rifle optics. The Hawke scope appears to have decent quality glass but I have not used the scope in an evening hunt environment yet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I also have a RWS 48 .22 and a RWS 34 .177 already but I wanted to try a PCP and maybe try it out on a hog hunt. I put a Hawke Vantage 4-12x40 AO Scope, 1 in, Mil-Dot (14141), Black from Amazon on the PCP-based on reviews. On my springer rifles I used Nikons but they stopped making rifle optics. The Hawke scope appears to have decent quality glass but I have not used the scope in an evening hunt environment yet.
View Quote

I have a Hawk 5-20 on my RPR and the only complaint I have is mooshy turrets. Reticle is nice glass is not bad at all. And the tall turret test was spot on. I didn’t think I would like the push lock turrets but they have grown on me. I’m still kicking whether I want to put a 4-16 Hawk or go with the ATN digital and pop coons of the corn feeder. My RWS 34 in .177 wears a 3-9 Centerpoint it tracks good but it’s cheap glass. That rifle is just so pellet finicky it’s a pain in the ass. My buddy bought a Diana Storm Rider and put the regulator kit in it and it’s a sweet light weight squirrel slaying machine. I tease him the scope weights more than the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to have one of these thermal scopes on a .300 BO and my brother in law and nephew liked the scope.  My nephew liked it that rabbits glowed.  So I gave my brother in law the one scope and then bought two additional scopes.  They aren't perfect but they easily let me see hogs walking several hundred yards away and the scopes make rabbits glow in the dark.  

Pulsar Core RXQ30V 1.6-6.4x22mm Thermal Imaging Riflescope PL76483Q, Color: Black, $190.02 Off w/ Free Shipping

https://www.opticsplanet.com/pulsar-pl76483q-core-rxq30v-therml-scp.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I used to have one of these thermal scopes on a .300 BO and my brother in law and nephew liked the scope.  My nephew liked it that rabbits glowed.  So I gave my brother in law the one scope and then bought two additional scopes.  They aren't perfect but they easily let me see hogs walking several hundred yards away and the scopes make rabbits glow in the dark.  

Pulsar Core RXQ30V 1.6-6.4x22mm Thermal Imaging Riflescope PL76483Q, Color: Black, $190.02 Off w/ Free Shipping

https://www.opticsplanet.com/pulsar-pl76483q-core-rxq30v-therml-scp.html
View Quote

I’ve got a pulsar D50 on my hog .223 and you can see cow’s over a mile away but it’s hard to tell a deer from a coyote at half a mile.

This is from when we still had pigs. We’ve been pig free sense January but two have showed up this month. So just as soon as the ground dries enough to bale hay I need to break out the thermal.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#13]
You may not be able to tell what they are at a half mile away but the thermal scope gives you an idea of where to start looking.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You may not be able to tell what they are at a half mile away but the thermal scope gives you an idea of where to start looking.
View Quote

Yeah what’s neat is all the rats. I would love to have cheap one on a pellet rifle just for the rats. That’s why I was thinking of a hand held thermal monocalor with a digital NV. Shots would be close range and I need the monocalor anyway for when I drive or walk.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Found some fun targets to play with the new pcp pellet rifles.
The bear facing North is a Kansas heart shot East and Arkansas heart shot South or West a Texas heart shot.
The bear was facing North at the time of pellet application.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top