Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2020 5:41:18 PM EDT
https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-appeals-court-flare-gun-qualifies-as-dangerous-firearm/570206272/

"A flare gun is indeed a potentially deadly firearm, a state appeals court panel ruled Monday in a case involving a felon charged with stealing electronics and other items from a Kohl's store in Bloomington last summer."

Subject to appeal.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Time to fill 4473's for all those boating safety devices.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#2]
BB guns are also considered firearms under some sections of state law, such as discharge laws if I remember my readings correctly.

Some felons have also been found to be "in posesession" for using those Remington nail guns that are powered by a .22 cartridge, even though there is no bullet.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like they wanted to throw the book at him, and this interpretation might come to bite them later.

Like what about all the stores that aren't FFLs that have flare guns in stock?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Is a recurve bow considered a spring?  Afterall, Bear Archery made the fiberglass springs used in early Chevy Corvettes.  I used to open carry my Bear recurve without a permit! :O
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top