Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2017 5:30:01 PM EDT
I will be driving from Southern California to Miner County, SD for my annual pheasant hunting trip. I am always amazed every time I get to cross the Missouri River, and this trip I will have some extra time on my drive before I arrive at my destination.

I will be driving on I-90 and was looking up spots to possibly go fishing on the way. I found a spot called Dude Ranch in Oacoma right off I-90. Just wondering if anybody has experience fishing there this time of year, or what I can expect. And would it even be worth the $20 for a day license to stop there for a few hours? Also, if there are other spots that might be recommended off I-90, that would be much appreciated. I plan on being in the area on Thursday, the 2nd.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Minnow tipped jig of the rocks by the boat ramp north of the hotel on the Oacoma side might pay off.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. Did not get a chance to stop, but I did drive through the Black Hills on the way and noticed there are a bunch of smaller lakes that get stocked with trout. I might just plan accordingly to pass through there on next year's trip.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Time it next year so that you are in chamberlain just before dark.  Or, even better shoot up to Ft. Thompson.  Evenings in the fall along the rocks you can get walleyes no problem.  Either throwing paddle tail swim baits, jig/plastic, jig/minnow, or if up at the dam, casting floating rapalas or swimbaits in current seams in the fast water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top