Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/2/2021 7:38:50 PM EDT
New to VA, lived in the USA for half my life, sadly in blue states as work required it, now finally off the anti-gun areas and after being over 30 days in VA i'm ready to shop.
Given the current political climate and having grown up under a dictatorship and knowing the "smell" of some things that are happening and others that may come and also having experienced only being able to fight government with just rocks, I am finally able to start defending my home, my family and myself from you know what...as i am  sure as F not going over that whole "thing" again without a fight.
I saw the list of gun shops and some of the results i got on my searches are not there, is there a reason for not recommending places like NOVA Armory?
I'm @ Fairfax, any recommendations for gun shops in the area? Willing to move around if needed to get a good selection and no "woke" shit.
thanks and gb
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the front lines.  There are a lot of good gun shops in the area and it's still easy to get a CCW but those days may be limited now that the blue rot has taken hold in NOtVA and Richmond.

It's still a lot less expensive to buy online and go through a local FFL.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Ryan at Outdoor Arms in Burke, VA

I used to patronize other shops in the area, but they seemingly raised their transfer prices/etc without really any improvement in the quality of their service. I wish them success, but I'm determined that I'm only using Ryan's home FFL going forward.

He's also the only FFL I've dealt with that offers very generous pricing for multiple gun transfers, wish I had known earlier.

Now he's a home FFL, so he doesn't really stock guns like any other store would - he's mainly a transfer FFL and a SOT if you get NFA items.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a gun store recommendation but, I would suggest getting your conceal handgun permit. It is easy to do and exempts you from the one handgun a month rule that took effect last year. All you need is a completed form, payment(not sure what your jurisdiction charges, mine charges $15) and proof of training(DD214 if you are prior military or if you don't have mil. experience the minimum requirement is a in person hunter safety course). The permit is good for 5 years and can be renewed by mail. I encourage you to look at the process your jurisdiction has for applying and do it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Im now looking for CC classes and making an appointment to submit my application online before July 12th since they start doing it in person by then.
Thanks for all the replies, also looking into buying online and doing FFL transfer, I'm researching the NFA deal too, I would not mind having a machine gun at home :)
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Consider driving an hour and coming out to one of the Culpeper County 2A groups activities; a great place to network, train and find some additonal quality vendors.

CC2A
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the info! Already have CCW training scheduled & will make my online appointment to get CCW permit tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please join VCDL too.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Chantilly, VA:  

50 West Armory - slightly overpriced (supply & demand),  but got what we wanted + treated fairly;

Capital Supply Company - always picked up my transfers with no issues.

Manassas:

Trojan Arms & Tactical - two purchases... -1 cause masking was required.

Loudoun Co.:

Bullseye Guns of Leesburg - good people... +1... recommended a competitor when Bullseye didn't have what wife wanted;

Loudoun Guns - good selection... -1 cause masking was required.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Please join VCDL too.
View Quote

This is a must.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We have you covered for silencers and NFA transfers. Welcome to the Commonwealth.
View Quote

Bump for a solid performer!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Loudoun Co.:

Bullseye Guns of Leesburg - good people... +1... recommended a competitor when Bullseye didn't have what wife wanted;

Loudoun Guns - good selection... -1 cause masking was required.
View Quote

As of last week, masks no longer required in Loudoun Guns.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Finished course, now to Fairfax next week to submit application, I gotta look it up but, I assume I can buy a gun now and then after I get my permit I am no longer restricted to one a month correct? Asking cause it seems like permit can take up to 90 days?

Thanks again for all the info shared!
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Finished course, now to Fairfax next week to submit application, I gotta look it up but, I assume I can buy a gun now and then after I get my permit I am no longer restricted to one a month correct? My understanding is that you are correct.
Asking cause it seems like permit can take up to 90 days? WONG! Once submitted, the courts have 45 days by law, to issue the permit or deny it and tell you why it was denied. If they go over 45 days, you can get a defacto permit from the courts until they make up there mind. Permit Process

Thanks again for all the info shared!
View Quote

All of the conceal carry info can be found in 18.2-308, you can find that here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As of last week, masks no longer required in Loudoun Guns.
View Quote

Cool.

OP, Cabela's in Gainesville (Prince William Co.) also sells firearms,
but I don't know if they've replenished their stock since the run on
guns and ammo that started last year.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top