Posted: 2/10/2020 12:17:13 AM EDT
In my den. I thought that he was dead.

Nope. He came at me. Stomped on him.

Is it time?

DIY or pros?

I hate scorpions.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Had one in my 2nd floor apartment about 2 weeks ago.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:19:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Had one in my sons room last week.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a product called Demon WP and spray it around the perimeter of my house. It is supposed to kill scorpions, but it mostly kills anything that crawls and so it takes away their food. It works well for ants too. I have never seen one so it must be working .
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a product called Demon WP and spray it around the perimeter of my house. It is supposed to kill scorpions, but it mostly kills anything that crawls and so it takes away their food. It works well for ants too. I have never seen one so it must be working .
View Quote
I used up what I had left of Cyper WP at my old house. It was so effective that even the birds stopped coming around. Since I am in a new house, I am considering bringing in an exterminator just to give it a thorough once over.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the reminder.  I have to use up my Demon in my sprayer, so this is a good reason to spray the shack.

I have to mix and spray a couple batches of borosilicate on my firewood pile. Powder post beetles are tearing that shit up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
We think one of our dogs got tagged by one the other night.. wife gave him benadryl right away.  He does not play with them.. he sniffs em then BING! This is scorp sting #3 so he has a.. history.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Killed one last week too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Waiting for the Demon to arrive.

I bought a couple of cans of Terro to spray the entry ways. I don't think this does anything other than make the scorpions that get inside the house slower.

Black light and Benzomatic torch with propane tonight. Just to check the scene here.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Go to Bug & Weed mart on Central and Camelback. Follow whatever directions he gives you and you will no longer have scorpions or weeds.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Scorpions already?  I usually don’t see any till June.  We had four in the house all year last year.  Two the year before.  We have an exterminator come every two months.

What home use products have you all tried that actually worked?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:18:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Scorpions already?  I usually don’t see any till June.  We had four in the house all year last year.  Two the year before.  We have an exterminator come every two months.

What home use products have you all tried that actually worked?
View Quote
I never had a problem till we relandscaped our yard.. im betting they all came in with the rock and plants.  So we were scorp free from 2010 to about 2015

its a multi layer defense.

1.  No quarter(dont leave piles and whatnot)
2.  Kill their prey.. spray normal stuff to keep the bugs down on a regular basis
3.  Demon WP..  I put about a 2-3ft wide swath around the house and hit all the gaps in the brick walls near the start of the season and again a bit later.  It kills everything as well.

Down to only one last year... about 6-7 the year before.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Right on, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#13]
For those like me who rarely read directions, DEMON wp can be mixed double strength.  The directions also say to put it down wet, sloppy wet.

Hit any cracks around doors, windows, baseboards, etc.  Check your screen doors, sliders, etc for any gaps.  Apply caulk where appropriate.  I installed double door sweeps on entry doors.

Repeat spray application every 30 or 60 days.

Don't leave your garage door open. Replace any exterior white lights with yellow bug lights.  Kill all crickets with liberal outdoor spraying.

Get a black light and an instant start mapp gas torch and hunt them at night. The more you kill "out there", the less you have "in here".

No bare feet.  Ever.  Have flip flops strategically placed.

Happy hunting!  
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone. Ordered some Demon WP. We get occasional scorpions and I'm always being told that it's being taken care of. It's time to take care of it properly.

Do you think that if I mix in some diatomaceous earth into the sprayer along with the Demon WP that it might help, or will the Demon WP definitely take care of everything?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Stepped on one in the bathroom a couple weeks ago.  Nasty bastages... lol :)

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For those like me who rarely read directions, DEMON wp can be mixed double strength.  The directions also say to put it down wet, sloppy wet.  

Hit any cracks around doors, windows, baseboards, etc.  Check your screen doors, sliders, etc for any gaps.  Apply caulk where appropriate.  I installed double door sweeps on entry doors.

Repeat spray application every 30 or 60 days.

Don't leave your garage door open. Replace any exterior white lights with yellow bug lights.  Kill all crickets with liberal outdoor spraying.

Get a black light and an instant start mapp gas torch and hunt them at night. The more you kill "out there", the less you have "in here".

No bare feet.  Ever.  Have flip flops strategically placed.

Happy hunting!  
View Quote
Going out with the black light and Bernzomatic torch in a couple of hours to play flamethrower crew.

I swear, they smell like cooked shrimp. The poor saps that stick their heads out to see what is going on get their whole block lit up.

Good fun. The kids love it as well.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:22:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Blacklighted the perimeter last night, didn't see anything.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Blacklighted the perimeter last night, didn't see anything.
View Quote

I've been doing it every night for about a week now. The first couple nights I saw 1, maybe 2 halfway sticking out of the block wall. Haven't seen anything the last several nights since it has cooled off a little again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I am in Phoenix. The other night I must have torched 5 or 6. One or two average sized, the others just small ones cruising around.

As soon as I see any fluorescent green in the voids, I hit it with the torch.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I've lived in PHX since '92 and I've never seen one in my house or yard. I have 2 cats and I'm pretty sure they'd let me know if something was up
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Have been out in the yard hunting them the last two months with UV, probably killed around eight. Have not seen any the last few weeks but now have 3 black widow webs I will be taking care of tonight. South Chandler area....
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Had a dude that was playing possum. Living room fireplace.

He twitched. He cruised into the fireplace.

Smelled like cooked shrimp.

CSB
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Found one yesterday in the garage.

I was moving several bags of pre mix and had a weird feeling about one of the bags on the bottom of the stacks.

I lifted up one side slowly just to check and sure as shit there was a fat bark scorpion under it.

No idea how it squeezed it’s way in there, it was a stack of five bags of concrete and they are like 50 lbs each.

It didn’t move, I swept it out of the garage like a hockey puck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top