Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2020 3:09:58 PM EDT
I would like to offer another first aid/CPR course for the GAHTF as I have in the past.  I haven't had much time lately but I enjoy doing them so I'd like to set another one up.

What I'd like to cover in this class is a more wilderness/remote/disaster medicine type of course.  A lot of us spend a good bit of time out from the major cities in more remote areas where help is further away, and even in larger metropolitan areas there may not be resources available in a disaster scenario.

We will need a meeting space, preferably one that also has some wooded areas nearby where we can do some practical exercises. I'm going to check with the folks out at Charlie Elliot WMA to see if they have anything available.
Class would be on a Saturday, start around 9am and run till mid afternoon maybe??? I'm thinking mid to late April, maybe early May time frame.

Families are welcome!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagged for updates
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You are MORE than welcome to use the Angry Emu Range as a meeting place to teach any sort of course you'd like! We're located about 7 miles south of I-20 below the Hwy 441/129 Madison exit. Just let me know if/when you want to reserve the range. If you want to come out to look the place over, let me know, I'd be glad to show you around the range and surrounding property!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're looking near Charlie Elliot, why not check with @emu?  His place isn't too far from there.  For me, it'll all depend on scheduling and price, I'm coming off three months unemployed, so discretionary spending is very limited until we catch up on everything and rebuild reserves.
View Quote
The range would work fine, everyone would need to bring a chair. It could even be done on the same day as the Spring shoot if there is enough interest on that day. I can condense it to around 3-4 hours and still cover a lot of ground.

I don't charge anything for the classes I teach. It's something I enjoy doing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are MORE than welcome to use the Angry Emu Range as a meeting place to teach any sort of course you'd like! We're located about 7 miles south of I-20 below the Hwy 441/129 Madison exit. Just let me know if/when you want to reserve the range. If you want to come out to look the place over, let me know, I'd be glad to show you around the range and surrounding property!
View Quote
As usual, you are more than generous.  I'm ashamed to say I probably live closer to the range than 99% of people in the HTF and still haven't made it out there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:01:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Very interested
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Interested
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Interested as well depending on date.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I can be game depending on the date
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Im up for more training.
I’ll check with my wife & her friends. They do a lot of back country trail ridding on horseback.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:04:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Interested. Sounds very worthwhile.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 12:10:54 AM EDT
[#12]
If you want to schedule the class to take place at the Spring Shoot, I'd be all in favor of that! It won't hurt my feelings a bit, and will give more folks a good reason to show up that day. If anyone else wants to couple anything with the Spring or Fall Shoots, just let me know. I think it would be really cool to have several classes/attractions/enhancements to the event. If folks wanted to do something like that out there I'd be all for it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Interested
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Interested as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#15]
This is a great resource/skill. I took a NOLS Wilderness Medicine Course (certified) and the Stop the Bleed course. Date dependent, I would like to attend and would assist. I live up on Fort Mountain in Murray County. The course could be held at the Fort Mountain State Park if most are north of Atlanta. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm interested as well.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Derek, I’m glad you are putting one of these on again.

I learned a lot at the last one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 2:34:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Did this get a date ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top