Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2023 5:13:11 PM EDT
Requesting a firemission (call/email) with the City Council. If you're in town, you can show up at the next city council meeting for support. I'd be there myself if I still lived there.

They're slow-walking a billboard permit that is vital to a friend's business and livelihood. At the same time, they're soliciting proposals for a competing billboard.

This is a solid conservative family, all shooters, who rely on the revenue generated by their billboard.

http://www.savewestminstersmallbusinesses.com/

The City said they want to get into the billboard business. That’s why they won’t extend the Luong Family Small Business billboard permit.

They have the power to extend our permit.  This business, located off the 405 freeway on private property, supports our family of 4 and we are just trying to make an honest living.  

We have met all the requirements to have our permit extended since it was built in 2011 and spent tens of thousands of dollars in the process.  Despite our countless attempts to reach out to the city for a resolution, they have stonewalled us all year long.  To this day, they have refused to give us an opportunity to plead our case.  

The city has told us directly that they want to get into the billboard business.  Their plan is to allow billboards only on City-owned property thereby creating a monopoly for themselves and whichever billboard conglomerate pays the city the most.  Another story of big business and government pushing out a minority-owned small business.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
You might get better luck on calguns.net
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
There's 3 or 4 big billboards in Pomona along side the freeways and the signs say the billboard is involved in a lawsuit with the city and anyone removing or assisting in removing the billboard will be sued, etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's 3 or 4 big billboards in Pomona along side the freeways and the signs say the billboard is involved in a lawsuit with the city and anyone removing or assisting in removing the billboard will be sued, etc.
View Quote

I saw that recently!
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 2:36:27 PM EDT
[#4]
They made it on TV…
CBSLA kcal9 news Emmy Award winning reporter Kristine Lazar city Westminster billboard battle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top