Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2020 9:37:00 PM EDT
Looking for recommendations for firearms training up north. Defensive handgun/defensive carbine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 12:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Wrenco Arms in Ponderay. Really nice setup there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Continuum of Force Concepts.  He works out of the Defensive Action Center in the Spokane Valley, a shoot house type setup with movable walls, rooms, and sim guns.  He also does some of his outdoor pistol/carbine course at Fernan.

https://www.continuumofforce.com/

https://www.defensiveactioncenter.com/
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard that flannel guy is somewhere in that area.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 1:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, now signed up for a class at Wrenco and a class at Continuum of Force.
Link Posted: 1/7/2020 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've heard that flannel guy is somewhere in that area.
View Quote
He was at Farichild, but rumor has it he got PC'S'd to the west side.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks, now signed up for a class at Wrenco and a class at Continuum of Force.
View Quote
Nice.  Give a follow up post on how they go.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice.  Give a follow up post on how they go.
View Quote
Will do. The Wrenco class was signed up through the NRA website and I haven't heard from the instructor yet. Class isn't until March. The Force Continuum class is their "couples" date night class. Going with the wife. It's only $150 so I figure it's an inexpensive way to see the facility and find out if I like the instructors. Sort of tempted to sign up for Injured Shooter on the 19th of this month...
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I know it's not what OP is looking for, but there are going to be some Appleseeds at Fernan R&G this spring/summer.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Will do. The Wrenco class was signed up through the NRA website and I haven't heard from the instructor yet. Class isn't until March. The Force Continuum class is their "couples" date night class. Going with the wife. It's only $150 so I figure it's an inexpensive way to see the facility and find out if I like the instructors. Sort of tempted to sign up for Injured Shooter on the 19th of this month...
View Quote
My gf took their women's self defense class there a couple weeks ago. She loved it.
Have you done the couple's night? We're thinking of trying it out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My gf took their women's self defense class there a couple weeks ago. She loved it.
View Quote
My wife and I did the very first Ar15 couples night with them.  It was a lot of fun for both of us.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife and I did the very first Ar15 couples night with them.  It was a lot of fun for both of us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are signed up for the couples night class tonight. The DAC website is down right now...
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We are signed up for the couples night class tonight. The DAC website is down right now...
View Quote
Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Let us know how it goes.
View Quote
The class was great. The instructor is squared away and a great guy. The wife had a great time and she wants to do more of it. The force on force scenarios were good.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I've taken some training at https://www.triggercontrolnorthwest.com/ in Cd'A.

Unfortunately, I think they may be defunct now.  Their facebook page has been dead, and there are no classes scheduled on their web page.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've taken some training at https://www.triggercontrolnorthwest.com/ in Cd'A.

Unfortunately, I think they may be defunct now.  Their facebook page has been dead, and there are no classes scheduled on their web page.
View Quote
Mike, the head guy from Trigger Control, left the CDA area for Idaho Falls and helps to run GunsandGear the big indoor range there.  The company dwindled after he left and I'm not sure it's operational today.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:55:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Bill Rapier is in Northern Idaho, and puts on a great class. He's a retired Seal, and knows his stuff.

https://www.amtacshooting.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top