Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2018 11:15:05 PM EDT
Good folks,
I just moved to the Kansas City, KS area.

I’m interested in taking a defensive pistol class.

A quick search reveals a couple of training opportunities by local shops/instructors.  One of which is Frontier Justice.

Is there a recommended instructor in eastern KS?  I’m also keeping my eye on some of the traveling trainers as well.

Your input is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ll be taking Daniel Shaw’s handgun vitals next weekend in Wichita.
Good luck in the Kansas forum, not as much traffic as the Missouri forum.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Bill Regina's classes.  He runs SRT Group.  Good guy and keeps it fun.  One thing, however, that could have been better was the number of rounds fired.  Some classes they were pretty low, but this was several years ago...and they were pretty cheap at the time.  Judging by the emails I still receive, looks like he's got a good selection these days.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]
GoRuck comes through the state every once and a while.

Centerfire shooting sports in Olathe does some training

DVC training in the Garnett / Gardner / Owatta  / Paola area was going strong about 10 years ago, haven’t seen much of them lately.  Just Looked for their website from the Kansas rifle assoc website and it came up as an unused site.  So might not be an option.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! The contacts/classes you shared are awesome!  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Daniel Shaw used to teach at thunderbirds in Wichita, he’s no longer there. He comes back to that area once or twice a year to teach some classes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Bill does good stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top