Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2021 4:01:54 PM EDT
Suffolk County resident here. My Florida Non-resident Carry Permit is expiring in a few months.  I’m wondering if I can have my prints done by my local precinct or do I need to use a service like Printscan?   I need the card completed and signed off by a LEO so I can put it in the mail with the passport photo, etc.   I called Yaphank yesterday and they don't do them.   Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the local PD handle the cards for me but that was in Orange Co.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Nassau probably still rolls prints.  Call records bureau or the main number for Mineola.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys...
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#4]
My friend ran into problems with the local precinct (6th) saying they wouldn't do them due to covid bullshit.  He eventually got them done..
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My friend ran into problems with the local precinct (6th) saying they wouldn't do them due to covid bullshit.  He eventually got them done..
View Quote

Same shit at the 6th when I tried today.  I've got an appointment for next week at some place in Kings Park.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Suffolk County resident here. My Florida Non-resident Carry Permit is expiring in a few months.  I’m wondering if I can have my prints done by my local precinct or do I need to use a service like Printscan?   I need the card completed and signed off by a LEO so I can put it in the mail with the passport photo, etc.   I called Yaphank yesterday and they don't do them.   Thanks guys.
View Quote

I'm kind of curious:  Two years ago I went in person and got a FL CCW and they did the Printscan thing right there, electronically submitted the application and a few weeks later the new Licenses arrives in the Mail.  They gave me copies of the Fingerprints and said they could be used pretty much anywhere Prints were required.
Are you sure you need to resubmit your Fingerprints?
Got any Cop Friends?  I needed a set for a Unique Personal Identification Number and the local, PD did them and certified with their Department number...that said, FL might not take a Card instead preferring the electronically scanned ones.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
It was probably 10 yrs ago when I got my Fla. non-resident permit.   Maybe things changed?  Per my instructions they are required and included the card.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep wondering what the BS is about resubmitting fingerprints after they are already on file. Fingerprints change?

Many years ago I know a gentleman who had a locksmithing license in the city (NYC). Decades ago as part of the process he submitted fingerprints. He helped managed several apartment complexes and had locksmith tools to work on the locks so figured it would be a good idea to have a license. Even though he left that work long ago, he kept renewing the license because it was cheap and easy, and he never knew if he might need it at some point. Then the city told him future renewals would need new fingerprints every time along with, of course, a fingerprint fee. He told them to keep and it and finally let the license lapse. Said to me at the time it was nothing but a money grab because the prints were the same they already had on file.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Jefferson county did mine for $5 a card when I got my FL CCW before I got my badge, and it was just the girl working the sheriffs public desk, not an LEO.  Are they specific about LEO sign off?  When I got my form 1 and form 4, I rolled my own.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I wound up going to PrintScan, on Pulaski Rd. in Kings Park.  Piece of cake, out in 15 minutes, 45.00 however.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Rights ain't cheap.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top