Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2022 4:24:46 AM EDT
Ok Houstonians I need some recommendations. Taking the fiancee to Houston in two weeks for the night for her birthday. She keeps talking about going to a piano bar and I figured I'd get a nice hotel for the night, find an upscale restaurant for dinner and take her to a piano bar for drinks and some fun.

I've never been to a piano bar and have no clue which one would even be worth going to in Houston. I'm definitely no stranger to having drinks and a good time, just need a couple leads on some good bars.

Fine dining... We love steak and locally our options are limited. Looking for a few recommendations on a nice steakhouse. Don't care about the prices. Want a nice atmosphere and obviously good food.

We're both in our early 40s and like to have a good time, but don't want to be stuck in a bar with a bunch of 20 something's. No offense to the 20 something's.

Help me out guys.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't have any suggestions for piano bars - but Fogo De Chao probably wouldn't be a bad bet for a decent meal.

Alternate: Texas De Brazil
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Chamaguacho is better than Fogo.

I have no idea about piano bars.

Steak in HTown has a wide range. Doris Metropolitan is probably your highest end. STQ. Steak48. Pappas Brothers. Vic and Anthony’s. Brenners. Brennan’s.

ETA: if Meat Mojo is cooking at a bar in Houston, that’s a great experience as well. The lamb is freaking amazing.
http://meatmojo.com/meat-mojo-steak-nights/
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'll have to keep looking into this piano bar thing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chamaguacho is better than Fogo.

I have no idea about piano bars.

Steak in HTown has a wide range. Doris Metropolitan is probably your highest end. STQ. Steak48. Pappas Brothers. Vic and Anthony’s. Brenners. Brennan’s.

ETA: if Meat Mojo is cooking at a bar in Houston, that’s a great experience as well. The lamb is freaking amazing.
http://meatmojo.com/meat-mojo-steak-nights/
View Quote

Love Brian and Meat Mojo, but he tends to operate out of dive bars.  And, I say that in a good way.  But, the wine at those places (except the Public House) tends to sux.    

To the list above, the Palm does a nice steak, as does Mortons, and a number of others.  B&B Butchers, Mastros, etc.  

Also check out Fuad.   I seem to recall a piano in there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I know you said Houston, but according to my wife, this place is a good, fun piano bar in
Austin if you decide to venture there. She used to go with her friends from work.
https://www.petesduelingpianobar.com/
Of course, it has been about 20 years since she has last been there. Covid has changed
things somewhat since then, and 6th Street itself isn't the safe, fun place it used to be.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok Houstonians I need some recommendations. Taking the fiancee to Houston in two weeks for the night for her birthday. She keeps talking about going to a piano bar and I figured I'd get a nice hotel for the night, find an upscale restaurant for dinner and take her to a piano bar for drinks and some fun.

I've never been to a piano bar and have no clue which one would even be worth going to in Houston. I'm definitely no stranger to having drinks and a good time, just need a couple leads on some good bars.

Fine dining... We love steak and locally our options are limited. Looking for a few recommendations on a nice steakhouse. Don't care about the prices. Want a nice atmosphere and obviously good food.

We're both in our early 40s and like to have a good time, but don't want to be stuck in a bar with a bunch of 20 something's. No offense to the 20 something's.

Help me out guys.
View Quote

Dinner - B&B Butchers.

Piano Bar - Pete's Dueling Piano Bar.

Easy.

Edit:

Some tips on the B&B menu. I'm very into Steak and I particular like Dry Aged Steak. B&B offers the most advanced aged beef in the city last I checked. When I go there, my go-to is the 55-Day Ribeye. If you want to share, there's a Porterhouse and Long Bone option. If you're feeling crazy, B&B is one of less than 10 restaurants in the country that are allowed to serve, real Kobe Beef. Obviously its very expensive and you would have to justify it to yourself. Some people wouldn't understand. Most places that claim to have Kobe are falsely advertising. Tommy's Bacon is a great starter too. If you're ever in NYC, its similar to Peter Luger's bacon.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Stay at the Magnolia Hotel
Have dinner at Sambuca Jazz Cafe
Party at Pete's Piano Bar

YMMV

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top