Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2019 7:21:37 AM EDT
After four plus months it arrived yesterday, and it is unrestricted.

I know I am not bound by your limitations on models of handguns, and it says large capacity, so I’m assuming pre-ban mags are good to go. My question is which long guns are good to go in MA? I know your AG pulled some real asshattery.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Basically, follow the previous fed AWB, and you should be good to go.
View Quote
Except no AR or no AK variants?

Would my NY-10 non-detachable mag AR pistol be legal?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
What about a Micro Roni pistol brace for a Glock?
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Would my NY-10 non-detachable mag AR pistol be legal?
View Quote
Yes, that's MA legal and inherently *not* subject to the MA AWB as it does not have a detachable mag.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
we've recently had a "spirited" discussion of the micro Roni brace / chassis / thing on reddit's Mass guns forum.

Conclusions as follows - it is easy to assemble a pistol which falls afoul of the MA AWB due to the 50 oz rule.  A stock G17 Frame / slide / etc should be just *barely* shy of that limit.

As an aside, if any LEO gets interested in your firearms, you are at least losing your magazines / ammo, and possibly your firearm on hand.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
we've recently had a "spirited" discussion of the micro Roni brace / chassis / thing on reddit's Mass guns forum.

Conclusions as follows - it is easy to assemble a pistol which falls afoul of the MA AWB due to the 50 oz rule.  A stock G17 Frame / slide / etc should be just *barely* shy of that limit.

As an aside, if any LEO gets interested in your firearms, you are at least losing your magazines / ammo, and possibly your firearm on hand.
View Quote
Interesting. I use mine with a Glock 19, so a little lighter. I’m surprised they do the weight of the Roni as it is an accessory and not part of the unloaded manufactured weight of the firearm.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#9]
@HiramRanger

I'd be interested to hear what hoops you had to jump through to get that permit. It's um... relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@HiramRanger

I'd be interested to hear what hoops you had to jump through to get that permit. It's um... relevant to my interests.
View Quote
You take the MA safety class. As you do not have a pistol permit from VT, you will need a letter of good character from the chief of a law enforcement agency where you reside. You will fill out the form and schedule an appointment to drive to Boston to me interviewed, fingerprinted, and photographed. It will cost $100 per year. If you are approved you should receive your permit about 90-120 days after your trip to Boston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top