Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 12:36:08 PM EDT
We moved here in September waiting for the snow. I've got the generator and bought new snow tires fo the van just waiting for the worst. Turns out you all have been keeping these mild Winters a secret along the mid-coast!  We're hoping that this Nor'Easter will show us the "Real" Maine!  
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I like the snowstorms.
I like the erie light all the snow cover creates at night. Kind of never gets dark.
Have fun new guy!
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
In due time Cabby

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Now now.......It's like all the snow for the entire year dumped in one single storm!  Wowzer.

Well, let me congratulate you Mainers!  I sincerely mean this.  Here's this relevent storm headed our way but you all take it in stride without all the hoopla and wringing-of-hands that we've become accumstomed to back in CT.  Oh man, you should stream WTIC in Hartford when a storm is coming.  It's gotten comical, it really has.

First of all every single news station opens every single news story with the storm about to hit.  And after that it comes back like a bad taco......every 10 minutes or so for updates and remote shots and guys and gals with rulers and tapemeasures, no kidding!

Second of all Connecticut LOVES to name their storms.  This one was named "Collin".  Don't ask me why because they rarely tell you not that it makes any difference.  NOT ONE TIME did ANY of your weather people mention "Collin".  Not once.  And in a couple of cases like with channel 7, they didn't even mention the storm until the very end of the newscast!  How dare they not take advantage of a dangerous weather situation!  There is plenty more I could tell you about but suffice it to say there seems to be a certain type of personality that is attracted to describing all the scenarios that a storm might bring.

All of that, of course, is speculation and when that 18" doesn't materialize there's always some excuse and now the residents have to find a place to store 40 rolls of toilet paper and cans of beans.  It's really hilarious.  

Nope, Maine forcasters, while not perfect, didn't hype this and kept on top so we knew what to expect.  We did get 8" in Searsmont and it's incredibly beautiful.  Also.......Whoopee!  I woke up on the Generac!  Yep all that money paid off during the four hours when power was interrupted.  It works just as advertised and I'd do it all again.  We are snug as bugs and enjoyed the day we planned finishing up our major kitchen project.  We did get outside with the dog who would live out there if we let him!

I can only hope that we do experience one of the really heavy duty "gullywhompers"  (as one forecaster called them).
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#6]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now now.......It's like all the snow for the entire year dumped in one single storm!  Wowzer.

Well, let me congratulate you Mainers!  I sincerely mean this.  Here's this relevent storm headed our way but you all take it in stride without all the hoopla and wringing-of-hands that we've become accumstomed to back in CT.  Oh man, you should stream WTIC in Hartford when a storm is coming.  It's gotten comical, it really has.

First of all every single news station opens every single news story with the storm about to hit.  And after that it comes back like a bad taco......every 10 minutes or so for updates and remote shots and guys and gals with rulers and tapemeasures, no kidding!

Second of all Connecticut LOVES to name their storms.  This one was named "Collin".  Don't ask me why because they rarely tell you not that it makes any difference.  NOT ONE TIME did ANY of your weather people mention "Collin".  Not once.  And in a couple of cases like with channel 7, they didn't even mention the storm until the very end of the newscast!  How dare they not take advantage of a dangerous weather situation!  There is plenty more I could tell you about but suffice it to say there seems to be a certain type of personality that is attracted to describing all the scenarios that a storm might bring.

All of that, of course, is speculation and when that 18" doesn't materialize there's always some excuse and now the residents have to find a place to store 40 rolls of toilet paper and cans of beans.  It's really hilarious.  

Nope, Maine forcasters, while not perfect, didn't hype this and kept on top so we knew what to expect.  We did get 8" in Searsmont and it's incredibly beautiful.  Also.......Whoopee!  I woke up on the Generac!  Yep all that money paid off during the four hours when power was interrupted.  It works just as advertised and I'd do it all again.  We are snug as bugs and enjoyed the day we planned finishing up our major kitchen project.  We did get outside with the dog who would live out there if we let him!

I can only hope that we do experience one of the really heavy duty "gullywhompers"  (as one forecaster called them).
View Quote

March usually has at least one big mfer in store.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Just another day in Maine

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top