Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2022 11:34:46 AM EDT
Got ChinaFlu and sent home from work. Doing OK, but my forced quarantine goes without pay. Not allowed back until a negative test. Those fully vaxxed, up to date boosted employees get paid up to 80 hours in compensation. Unvaxxed, like me, get nothing in compensation.

Fortunately, I live so i can afford a disruption, but i got to thinking this layoff should yield me some unemployment compensation. In my whole working life, I've never filed for this, no even once.

I want to go on "the dole" for the first time in decades.

Would not even know where to start. I assume i need to contact a state office, county office?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Subscribed.

Interested to see what will come of this, on a local / state / national level. I had the bioweapon Chinaflu a week before Christmas. I am unvaxxed as well. I was already planning to take time off during then, but the rice rabies made me use three (3) extra vacation days. I recorded my time for every day (aside from Christmas Eve and New Years Eve - observed holiday dates) with a note "COVID Quarantine", in case my employer comes up with some sort of credit (not holding my breath). I got the infusion for treatment.

My wife (vaxxed) quarantined with me when i tested positive (separate areas of the house), but eventually caught it from me, and has had to stay home from work until a negative test result, so she's been burning up vacation time for her pay, 4 weeks now (less 2 holidays). However, just yesterday, her employer said she could come back next Tuesday the 18th (Monday being a holiday).

I got an email from my employer saying I could apply for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), but it was time off with no pay. All it would do is preserve my job if I worked at a competitive place. Didn't even respond to that email.

On a similar note, I wonder what sort of IRS rules (if any) will account for Chinaflu?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Subscribed.

Interested to see what will come of this, on a local / state / national level. I had the bioweapon Chinaflu a week before Christmas. I am unvaxxed as well. I was already planning to take time off during then, but the rice rabies made me use three (3) extra vacation days. I recorded my time for every day (aside from Christmas Eve and New Years Eve - observed holiday dates) with a note "COVID Quarantine", in case my employer comes up with some sort of credit (not holding my breath). I got the infusion for treatment.

My wife (vaxxed) quarantined with me when i tested positive (separate areas of the house), but eventually caught it from me, and has had to stay home from work until a negative test result, so she's been burning up vacation time for her pay, 4 weeks now (less 2 holidays). However, just yesterday, her employer said she could come back next Tuesday the 18th (Monday being a holiday).

I got an email from my employer saying I could apply for Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), but it was time off with no pay. All it would do is preserve my job if I worked at a competitive place. Didn't even respond to that email.

On a similar note, I wonder what sort of IRS rules (if any) will account for Chinaflu?
View Quote

Interesting on the FMLA. I have never used this either. I am out, technically, on medical reasons. Guessing it does not matter if I'm recouping from an appendicitis surgery or an infectious disease.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top