Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2023 11:07:03 PM EDT
So I’ve got a few buddy’s who have nods/cans/kit/experience looking for a place to shoot at night. We’ve got memberships to ranges, but it’s like pulling teeth to shoot at night there.

We’ve heard about being able to shoot on federal land (while following the rules of course), but don’t really know where to even start.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Welcome to email me as well if you don’t want it ‘out there’
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#2]
not sure about any federal land in GA where you can shoot.  I know you can't shoot/hunt at night on any state lands.  Best bet is private property.  Easiest would likely be to get with the guys that do it at Emu's place.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending where you're at, we used to shoot in the Cohutta Wilderness. Whether or not it was strictly legal, I cant tell you, but we never saw anyone or got any complaints/repercussions.

Rarely see anyone all the way up there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless it has changed, regulations on shooting in National Forest land is good to go unless that land is also a WMA.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Think you maybe regulated to rimfire at night. Could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure about NV, but I know the CLE (game warden) folks on Ft. Stewart won't allow suppressors, even for hog.

Inquired about it once a few years ago and cited that the state allowed it and only got a plain no back with explanation of the disconnect on Fed/State land.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#7]
GA Firing line in Marietta Has a property in rural AL where we can shoot at night. Call them and ask about Rifle Ranch. It's right across the line in AL. the laws are more relaxed and there is no zoning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top