Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2021 10:23:25 PM EDT
Been to Wheeling,Morgantown/WVU,,Martinsburg/Falling Waters,Glenggarry/Gerrardstown,,
Dolly Sods was great.
Romney and Points.
Levels And Smokehole  too
Wolf Gap
Capon Bridge
PawPaw on127
Ice Mountain
Monongahela National Forest area. SmokkeHole
Star City just over the Bridge

Best 4 me was Seneca Rocks NWA

Seneca Creek 2 B exact

Petersburg has a walmart

Forgot about he Cheat
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the Yough or Ohiopylye in the State?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are the Yough or Ohiopylye in the State?
View Quote

The Yough flows through WV, but you'll have to go to Pa for the Ohiopylye.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Star City?!

Don't forget about LeftOver....just over the other bridge.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:53:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Lets see. The tourist stuff is nice.  

Of those, I really enjoy Snowshoe Mountain Villiage in Winter. I don't ski, but just enjoy the food, climate, and feeling like I'm at the north pole.
Seneca Rocks and DollySods are really beautiful, as is the southeastern highlands around Greenbriar.

For places to live, the center of the state near Sutton Lake and the Ohio Valley around Huntington are nice.

I haven't spent much time in the panhandles. The eastern panhandle seems more like Maryland when I drive through. Beautiful country there.

I grew up in the poor southern coalfields. I guess that's "home" for me when it comes down to it.  It's gone way down in economic terms in the last twenty years, which is a real shame.  I wouldn't trade my childhood for nothing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in the New River Gorge area and its nice but full of hippies and blue dog Dems.  The new Park designation has driven up land and house prices until a working person cannot afford a normal house.

If I could move tomorrow it would be North Central in Rural Harrison or Taylor or Monongalia County.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a flatlander from Ohio doing the part timer thing when I can in Braxton Co.  While I like ALL of the touristy places, New River Gorge/ Gulley, Summersville and Sutton Lakes, as well as all the ones a bit further away, dolly sods, Seneca, black water falls, Cranberry Glades, all the Hatfield McCoy trails, I find myself not wanting to leave our place more than once or twice a year.  Cass and Harper's Ferry are on the list.  

I'm in for suggestions tho.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a flatlander from Ohio doing the part timer thing when I can in Braxton Co.  While I like ALL of the touristy places, New River Gorge/ Gulley, Summersville and Sutton Lakes, as well as all the ones a bit further away, dolly sods, Seneca, black water falls, Cranberry Glades, all the Hatfield McCoy trails, I find myself not wanting to leave our place more than once or twice a year.  Cass and Harper's Ferry are on the list.  

I'm in for suggestions tho.
View Quote

I lived there for many years.  I really liked Bee Run and the Lake
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Grew up in WV. Had a friend  that had family in the Parson area. Loved going down and  visiting them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Camp Dawson……
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top