Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2022 5:59:17 PM EDT
KWQC is reporting a fatal shooting the Princeton range. No foul play suspected, I suppose it could be a suicide or an ND of some kind.   I grew up shooting at that range, even forty years ago the safety of some of the shooters was pretty sketchy.  Last time I shot there was probably twenty years ago.  If anything it had gotten worse.  Be interesting to see the reaction of DNR.  

I've shot at three DNR ranges over the years.  Princeton, Banner Pits, and the Coralville Res.  Never had a bad experience but always kept my head on a swivel.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I grew up just a little south of Princeton and know a lot of people who have attended that range in the past. Prayers go out to all involved.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:24:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't been to Black Hawk park in a while, but I understand it can be pretty sketchy too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Scott County Sheriff’s officials released the name of the armed man who took his own life Tuesday after refusing to surrender his employer’s company pickup.  Details here
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scott County Sheriff’s officials released the name of the armed man who took his own life Tuesday after refusing to surrender his employer’s company pickup.  Details here
View Quote

That's a different incident.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't been to Black Hawk park in a while, but I understand it can be pretty sketchy too.
View Quote

Buddy of mine almost got shot at Blackhawk. Setting up targets and a kid showed up with a Saiga and started shooting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've shot at three DNR ranges over the years.  Princeton, Banner Pits, and the Coralville Res.  Never had a bad experience but always kept my head on a swivel.
View Quote

Coralville was like the wild west 20+ years ago, a true shit show.

NDs and morons shooting on a cold range while guys were setting targets being common.

These days it's fudds playing junior ROs...my last 2 visits included refresher courses on NFA laws and such because I obviously was not aware of such things.
("Uh, no. That is a spacer and a P/W barrel genius. Run along".)

So glad that I don't have to rely on public ranges these days
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

NDs and morons shooting on a cold range while guys were setting targets being common.

These days it's fudds playing junior ROs...my last 2 visits included refresher courses on NFA laws and such because I obviously was not aware of such things.

View Quote

Haven't shot at the Res in probably forty years.  Went there in college a time or two.  Used it as "my" range when I lived in CR for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used to go to the Princeton range after class on Mondays with a couple friends and that happened almost every time. Haven't been back in probably 10+ years at this point and it sounds like things haven't changed.

Sheriff: Iowa shooting range death not accidental
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I used to go to the Princeton range after class on Mondays with a couple friends and that happened almost every time. Haven't been back in probably 10+ years at this point and it sounds like things haven't changed.

Sheriff: Iowa shooting range death not accidental
View Quote

Sounds like a suicide
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top