Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2019 10:58:13 PM EDT
I moved back about a year ago, but my previous state CC license was still active.  It just expired and I would like to catch a class and get a license as soon as I can.  Im close to Huntington, Point Pleasant, or Charleston.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#1]
How long has it been expired?

In any event, isn't the sheriff given up to 21 days to approve? File it Monday the 30th and you'll have it in hand no later than Jan 20.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to take a class right?  My CCW was from SC.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure it's just proof of an NRA class and 75 bucks. I just had to take in the notarized form I got from the sheriff's office, the paper I got saying I took the class, and a check and had it back in like 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget you can still carry open, or concealed,resident or not. Ya gotta love constitutional carry!
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I have sent in to renew my SC as out of state for now. So, that will give me a little leeway.

I want to get my WV, and a couple of other states to cover as much of the union as I can.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have sent in to renew my SC as out of state for now. So, that will give me a little leeway.

I want to get my WV, and a couple of other states to cover as much of the union as I can.
View Quote
When I got mine they accepted my expired VA CCW because the proof of training was basically the same for both states.  That was 15 years ago though, things may have changed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top