Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2020 6:58:55 PM EDT
I’ve been here for four years and have yet to go to the Farmington show.  I hope to move two pistols to new homes. Anyone else going? I know there are several members in the area.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been here for four years and have yet to go to the Farmington show.  I hope to move two pistols to new homes. Anyone else going? I know there are several members in the area.
View Quote
I didn't know you were down here.

I'm down in Fredericktown. Gunguy and Pumpkinheaver are in the area too... I'm sure there are one or two more, but those are the guys I know the best and see most often...

I've yet to go to the one in Farmington, I used to go to the bigger one in St. Charles at the convention center pretty often...
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m way down in Ellington. Lol it’s about an hour, twenty minutes to Farmington. But alas, Rural King calls me
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't know you were down here.

I'm down in Fredericktown. Gunguy and Pumpkinheaver are in the area too... I'm sure there are one or two more, but those are the guys I know the best and see most often...

I've yet to go to the one in Farmington, I used to go to the bigger one in St. Charles at the convention center pretty often...
View Quote
Hey ass!!! lol
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m way down in Ellington. Lol it’s about an hour, twenty minutes to Farmington. But alas, Rural King calls me
View Quote
Rural King? You mean you can’t fill all your needs at 21 Supercenter?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:06:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hey ass!!! lol
View Quote
Oh yea, sorry man, didn't mean to forget ya....

Bill/Brasahaulic our newest refugee from Illi-astan is actually right in Farmington...

The guy that could show up at range to check out a shoot every now and then, but always has somethen else going on... :)

We need to at least meet up at Buffalo Wild Wings, Mexican or someplace for a few drinks and to catch up...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Rural King? You mean you can’t fill all your needs at 21 Supercenter?
View Quote

I like the guy that owns the place, but his boy that works there......everything he knows about gun can be written inside a matchbook cover with a crayon
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bill/Brasahaulic our newest refugee from Illi-astan is actually right in Farmington...

The guy that could show up at range to check out a shoot every now and then, but always has somethen else going on... :)

We need to at least meet up at Buffalo Wild Wings, Mexican or someplace for a few drinks and to catch up...
View Quote
Sorry man, I've been hammering away on this for the past year.

83 Olds

It's got an entire 3 miles on it right now, which was to get it up to the alignment shop and back.  I'm just about to the point of being able to drive it regularly and start getting the driveline broken in.  It's got a new set of gears, which need 3x 15 mile trips to heat cycle, then 500 miles to get fully broken in.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

83 Olds

It's got an entire 3 miles on it right now, which was to get it up to the alignment shop and back.  I'm just about to the point of being able to drive it regularly and start getting the driveline broken in.  It's got a new set of gears, which need 3x 15 mile trips to heat cycle, then 500 miles to get fully broken in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

83 Olds

Good lord you've been busy...
What engine is in there?
Never seen some hard line the raidiator hoses!!!

I've always had a thing for cutlasses...
I had a 79, but wanted an mid 80s...

Now I'm wanting a 72 C10 to customize..
get the body right, bad as paint job, interior, wheels, air bagged suspension... Nice looking small block, etc...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
My buddy and I made the rounds today.  The funshow wasn’t too bad.  We made Robb’s guns, cedar falls, and Arcadia on the way back home.  My sig 220 found a new home so mission accomplished

The next time you guys get together, drop me a line. I’ve never met another arfcommer lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:15:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Good lord you've been busy...
What engine is in there?
Never seen some hard line the raidiator hoses!!!

I've always had a thing for cutlasses...
I had a 79, but wanted an mid 80s...

Now I'm wanting a 72 C10 to customize..
get the body right, bad as paint job, interior, wheels, air bagged suspension... Nice looking small block, etc...
View Quote
It's an aluminum block 416 CID LS3 based.  Started out as a 6.2L from a 2008 Escalade.  In liters, it's now a 6.8.  It's already setup with turbo compression and camshaft.  Should make in the 500 crank HP range before the turbo, which is still about a year away.  Once it gets the turbo and EFI, the fun begins, as it'll put 1000 HP to the tire.

Backed up with the TH-400 transmission out of my GMC drag truck that you saw.  Then a Ford 8.8 rear end with a spool and 35 spline axles.

At this point, there's nothing in the suspension/steering/drive line that hasn't been rebuilt/upgraded.  Collector plates, but it would easily pass a state inspection.

I want to get all the bugs of a brand new build worked out prior to putting boost to it.

When you're ready for the C10 let me know a budget and how far you're willing to drive to get one.  I picked up the Cutlass in North Carolina.  Other than having to fix the driver's seat, the interior is perfect.  No rust on the car, which is common for that area.

Stop by when you have time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I begrudgingly went to the show.  I typically don't like gun shows but they are the best place locally to buy reloading supplies.  In addition the shipping on cast bullets is atrocious.  I lucked out and picked up a over couple thousand .357 cast bullets for $44.  Well worth the price of admission.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should have a 67 corridor shooting event.  We had one at 67 probably ten or more years ago and if I recall it was a pretty good time.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I begrudgingly went to the show.  I typically don't like gun shows but they are the best place locally to buy reloading supplies.  In addition the shipping on cast bullets is atrocious.  I lucked out and picked up a over couple thousand .357 cast bullets for $44.  Well worth the price of admission.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should have a 67 corridor shooting event. We had one at 67 probably ten or more years ago and if I recall it was a pretty good time.
View Quote
When it gets warmer, I say we do that...
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#13]
I live in Farmington and I’ll come if I can
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I live in Farmington and I’ll come if I can
View Quote
I didn't know we had another local. Hope to meet you soon!
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in Farmington and I'll come if I can
Yea same here...

You ever get out to 67 Gun Club?

Lots of different competitions this year.
Gonna be a busy calendar...
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#16]
We should do a meet the locals at Stix and Steins in Farmington on a Sunday and get some good cheap wings...
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We should do a meet the locals at Stix and Steins in Farmington on a Sunday and get some good cheap wings...
View Quote
I'm cool with that...
I love their wings!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Oldsmobile?

Saw this one!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Another viewAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'm cool with that...
I love their wings!!!
View Quote
You're the planner for all things... Set a date and let's meet up.

Make a thread.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks pretty good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top