Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:12:14 AM EDT
My sister in law is getting married up your guys' way next summer and I need some advice on where to stay, things to do, places to eat, places to avoid, ccw info.  
I'm coming from Ohio with the wife and 3 little kids.  Deleware is not my first vacation choice but it looks like I'll have to go because of the sister in law.
Thanks for any info guys!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
well in the summer?

stay away from the beach :)
book now if you want someplace in dewey.

but if your carrying do not come into maryland
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not thrilled into being 'forced' to take a vacation there.  
Where would I stay close by if Dewey beach hotels are all booked up?  My sister in law is just now giving us dates for the wedding.  
Is the beach somewhat family friendly or is it like spring break all summer long?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
dewey is not as bad as oc, its semi family oriented, bethany is more so.

honestly i have no clue where to stay.  just look as soon as you can
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Nicest & newest hotel in town is the Hyatt Place Dewey Beach.  

Others that friends have used and said were good are:

Atlantic Oceanside
Bay Resort
Best Western Gold Leaf

Book early as summer holiday and July/August weekend fill up fast.

The town is very party oriented on the weekends but it is mostly an older than college crowd so not really spring break but still a beach party scene.

If you want to avoid the party aspect you may want to look at Rehoboth Beach just to the north.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top