Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2018 7:47:26 PM EDT
The family and I are on Sanibel island for the week.  We have a pretty full week planned but really have nothing for Friday. We fly out early Saturday morning.  I'm looking for stuff for Friday for the kids both boys 5 and 9.  Prefer it be less than hour drive but not a hard rule.

Open to any suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Ding Darling preserve. Take a drive around the dike and check out the wildlife.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:38:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Do the Sanibel shuffle in the water, and watch for rays. A sting from one of them will ruin your day. Lots of sea shells for collecting. Check out the lighthouse.
The atmosphere is very laid back.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Enjoy the not so bad traffic. It's amazing right now. Little bit of a drive but in fort Myers the Calusa Nature Center/Planetarium is pretty awesome. They had a big ass bald eagle they were taking care of a couple weeks ago. Got to watch it tear apart a rabbit carcass. Had some big gators, and other birds of prey and cool reptiles. Great place for kids and a good place for parents who enjoy them some cool animals.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Schnappers Hots
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#8]
The Bubble Room might be a place they'd enjoy having a burger at.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Schnappers Hots
View Quote
I don't understand the charging $9 for a hamburger or $7 for a basic hotdog. About as good as the $1.50 ones at Lowe's lol.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do the Sanibel shuffle in the water, and watch for rays. A sting from one of them will ruin your day. Lots of sea shells for collecting. Check out the lighthouse.
The atmosphere is very laid back.
View Quote
Quoted:
The Bubble Room might be a place they'd enjoy having a burger at.
View Quote
The wife and kids have picked up a ton of shells.

We did the bubble room last night.  Ok food for to much money but the kids liked the decorations.

I think we are going to do the wild life thing and the city park.  Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top