Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2021 11:21:23 PM EDT
Haven't been to one in probably 10yrs, is it worth the drive?  Only two guns on my radar is a SOCOM 16 and a blackhawk 357.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been going all along.  Obviously stock is down at the moment but there is still things to be had.  A Blackhawk shouldn't be difficult, SOCOM 16 a bit more so.  Don't expect any reloading supplies and very little ammo.  Prices are up but there are still buys to be had if you look carefully.

Fairgrounds requires masks.  I think the entry fee is up to $8.  The new 4H Building is much much nicer than the old one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:43:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been going all along.  Obviously stock is down at the moment but there is still things to be had.  A Blackhawk shouldn't be difficult, SOCOM 16 a bit more so.  Don't expect any reloading supplies and very little ammo.  Prices are up but there are still buys to be had if you look carefully.

Fairgrounds requires masks.  I think the entry fee is up to $8.  The new 4H Building is much much nicer than the old one.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. I'm going to skip it if masks are required. I'll wear one for a doctor visit but not for recreation
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
At the last couple of shows, the prices were stupid crazy.  I go, mostly, to look at military surplus rifles such as Mausers, Enfields, Mosins etc. Prices are high.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Having owned a SOCOM 16, I would not ever buy one again. The M1A Bush Rifle, or Scout, will shoot into 2.5" at 200 yards all day with good ammo. The SOCOM 16, might hold 6" at 100 yards if you're lucky.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Show was decent by current standards.   No more mask required. No reloading supplies and not much ammo.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top