User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2022 8:57:41 AM EDT
Hope this will be his un-doing

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Judges and Prosecutors need to be held accountable. We keep seeing case of case were criminals are given a slap on the wrist and go on to commit more and more violent crime. I don't think every criminal needs to be locked up for life but, if you have a rap sheet of violent crimes there should be no leniency.

I have seen in prosecutions that people either knew or should have known that something wrong was going on. Why can't we hold the same standard to judges and prosecutors? The criminal tried to kill, at minimum maliciously wound someone, and had a long history of crime. I feel with the  background presented, it is not unfair to say the prosecutor and judge could have or should have known he would commit another violent crime.

I agree with the article, had he been treated properly by the prosecutor in the previous cases, he would most likely have been in jail and not able to shoot and kill those people.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Judges and Prosecutors need to be held accountable. We keep seeing case of case were criminals are given a slap on the wrist and go on to commit more and more violent crime. I don't think every criminal needs to be locked up for life but, if you have a rap sheet of violent crimes there should be no leniency.

I have seen in prosecutions that people either knew or should have known that something wrong was going on. Why can't we hold the same standard to judges and prosecutors? The criminal tried to kill, at minimum maliciously wound someone, and had a long history of crime. I feel with the  background presented, it is not unfair to say the prosecutor and judge could have or should have known he would commit another violent crime.

I agree with the article, had he been treated properly by the prosecutor in the previous cases, he would most likely have been in jail and not able to shoot and kill those people.
View Quote

True. As well as prosecutorial misconduct shoving the innocent in jail. And IMO justice reform needs to reduce or eliminate the plea bargain. Of course it saves money, but there are people later exonerated who took a plea bargain. Have the fucking trial, look at the evidence, and then call it.

I see unreasonable leniency as prosecutorial misconduct too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

True. As well as prosecutorial misconduct shoving the innocent in jail. And IMO justice reform needs to reduce or eliminate the plea bargain. Of course it saves money, but there are people later exonerated who took a plea bargain. Have the fucking trial, look at the evidence, and then call it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the plea deal should be limited but not eliminated. It seems like everything is plead out today. Just because the person took a deal and plead guilty does not mean it is justice.

You are right, trials can help to weed out people that are innocent. There are lawyers that take pleas because they can not win and in the end the person did not do it. There is no ay to give a person there time and life back that were locked up and did not do the crime.

I am all for reforming the justice system, it just has to be changes for the good. None of this feel good do nothing crap knee jerk reaction that seems to be popular today.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The first crime listed in the article was attempted murder. Leniency is a nonstarter with that type of valid accusation.  Why was that reduced?

Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If that was a 77 year old Vietnam vet fudd committing a technical foot foul against a gun law, prosecutor would have gone in dry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The first crime listed in the article was attempted murder. Leniency is a nonstarter with that type of valid accusation.  Why was that reduced?

View Quote

Without knowing the actual facts, all you're left with is speculation.  Could it be the prosecutor was reducing/dropping charges for social justice?  Yep.  Could it be that the complaining witness was a 87 time convicted liar who changed her story?  Yep.  Could it be that the victim, working in a notoriously transient field, is no where to be found?  Yep.  

All we know is there were potentially viable cases against this guy that maybe should have been prosecuted.  But if all the information you had in front of you came from the Compost, Rittenhouse was guilty and FJB is a great president.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Without knowing the actual facts, all you're left with is speculation.  Could it be the prosecutor was reducing/dropping charges for social justice?  Yep.  Could it be that the complaining witness was a 87 time convicted liar who changed her story?  Yep.  Could it be that the victim, working in a notoriously transient field, is no where to be found?  Yep.  

All we know is there were potentially viable cases against this guy that maybe should have been prosecuted.  But if all the information you had in front of you came from the Compost, Rittenhouse was guilty and FJB is a great president.  
View Quote

And you would be wrong on your points. These cases were shit canned by a prosecutor’s office who had no idea what they were doing at the time. This guy should have been sent to prison for years for the crimes he did here in Fairfax.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

And you would be wrong on your points. These cases were shit canned by a prosecutor’s office who had no idea what they were doing at the time. This guy should have been sent to prison for years for the crimes he did here in Fairfax.
View Quote

And from reading the excerpt of the article, which of my points is incorrect? All the article provides is fodder for speculation- it's crap.  Folks who live in the PRNoVA might have more inside baseball knowledge, sure.  But for those of us in Rio Lindo, that's what we're left with.  Speculation, where any of the above scenarios could be valid.  Sure, it wants you to draw a conclusion, but that conclusion is not supported by the information provided in the article.  Nor is your statement, true as it may be, as I'm fairly certain that office still has no clue what it's doing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And from reading the excerpt of the article, which of my points is incorrect? All the article provides is fodder for speculation- it's crap.  Folks who live in the PRNoVA might have more inside baseball knowledge, sure.  But for those of us in Rio Lindo, that's what we're left with.  Speculation, where any of the above scenarios could be valid.  Sure, it wants you to draw a conclusion, but that conclusion is not supported by the information provided in the article.  Nor is your statement, true as it may be, as I'm fairly certain that office still has no clue what it's doing.
View Quote

I live in northern VA and I am not basing my opinion on what is in that article. I am vaguely familiar with the events in the article and I will leave it at that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Disgusto is a social justice shit heel and will dump cases for "optics". That being said, by the time that case came to court, the transporting officer, who found the loaded pistol mag in the cruiser (problem) had resigned from the department and moved to a non-contiguous state. Because of..... pay freezes, the commies on the county board and Disgusto.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

You want to see Fairfax County's future? look across the river at Prince George's County, hell the new police chief lives there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top