Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 3:32:32 PM EDT
Sister called asking me what my nephew needs to do to buy a gun from his roommate.

I told her nothing if it's a shotgun or rifle but l wasn't sure about a pistol.

Is the Nebr. purchase permit required for face to face deals?

Guess the gun in question is "an AR.  Do you know what an AR is?"  

"Yeah"

Told her I'd find out for sure if he needs to do anything other than just swap money for gun.  Like in the old days when l lived in Nebraska. 30 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#1]
For a long gun in NE just hand over money and take the gun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Great! Thanks.  Figured it was still that way.

What about private transfer of pistols?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
what city/town is this happening in?

Lincoln has a back door registration with all guns not commonly used for hunting.

Omaha has a pistol registration.

IIRC, both can be bypassed if the buyer holds a current CHP.

you could always go out of town and conduct business out side of city limits, but rules change when you go back into town.  its a good idea for a signed Bill of Sale and make sure buyer has an NE ID and CHP (or pistol purchase permit) with matching names and addresses.

YMMV and i'm no lawyer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
How does this work if buyer is an out of state resident going to school in Nebraska
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:
what city/town is this happening in?

Lincoln has a back door registration with all guns not commonly used for hunting.

Omaha has a pistol registration.

IIRC, both can be bypassed if the buyer holds a current CHP.

you could always go out of town and conduct business out side of city limits, but rules change when you go back into town.  its a good idea for a signed Bill of Sale and make sure buyer has an NE ID and CHP (or pistol purchase permit) with matching names and addresses.

YMMV and i'm no lawyer.
View Quote

The Kearney area.  Sis lives there but l think nephew is in a neighboring town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top