Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2021 12:28:45 AM EDT
7pm at the town hall!

First town in CT to do so.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't they talk about this last year? I believe it was discussed and commented on, but went nowhere.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
7pm at the town hall!

First town in CT to do so.
View Quote

Anti 2A or hell froze over and its a pro 2A?

Funny how they don't say what its about on their website.
https://www.killingly.org/town-council/agenda/special-town-council-meeting-agenda-52
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anti 2A or hell froze over and its a pro 2A?

Funny how they don't say what its about on their website.
https://www.killingly.org/town-council/agenda/special-town-council-meeting-agenda-52
View Quote

Here
@sbhaven

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here
View Quote

Link on the Killingly website wasn't hot (to a word doc) when I made the post for some reason, is now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be there representing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Passed 7-1.

What's funny is the one council member I know best and am the closest to is the democrat who voted no.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
cool/kool
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Passed 7-1.

What's funny is the one council member I know best and am the closest to is the democrat who voted no.

View Quote

Showing their true colors
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool!

What does it mean?
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Since Wobblin started a thread in GD on this, figured others should enjoy reading the responses.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/My-town-in-CT-is-the-first-in-the-state-to-pass-a-resolution-is-support-of-the-2nd-Amendment/5-2475648/
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What does it mean?
View Quote

While a surprise to see in CT. It ultimately its a feel good measure. All the state or feds have to do is hint or out right threaten to cut off the money spigot and the town will find a way to capitulate. And without the local police force or police chief standing behind such measures it really means nothing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very cool!

What does it mean?
View Quote

Nothing
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 7:42:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Very cool!

What does it mean?
View Quote

As other have said already, it's only symbolic, but the real value in it is the message sent by local officials. I was truly impressed with what some of the councilors said last night when they voted for the resolution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top