Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2023 7:13:17 PM EDT
For those of you who want to hunt public land in Florida, Now is the time to apply for hunts.

The Florida Quota system Phase 1 application period is open from May 15 to June 15.

Apply Here

Once you log in or create an account, go to this page and click on apply for limited entry/quota hunts

Attachment Attached File

You must have a WMA Permit to apply, about $25, available on the website.

If this is your first application attempt, it is very likely you will not draw a hunt, but you will gain a preference point for moving ahead in line next year.

Questions? fire away.

Last week to enter.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm all in on this.

Anyone put in for gator?
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the reminder. I had forgotten when to apply.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm all in on this.

Anyone put in for gator?
View Quote

I did and didn’t draw this year. Drew last year and it wasn’t a good year in my unit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I didnt get drawn either.  But my buddies wife did so we can at least have a gator hunt.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
We pulled 3 awards for gator this year. 2 first phase stick marsh and 1 second phase tm Goodwin Broadmoor. I hear they drained the stick marsh though. Might be tough with the skiff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Good luck OP, hope you pull some good ones.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I have preference points on every hunt, 2 on archery and Turkey , I’m due to draw some decent hunts.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the reminder!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have preference points on every hunt, 2 on archery and Turkey , I’m due to draw some decent hunts.
View Quote

Same here. I am hoping for some decent draws.

I actually got picked up general gun on my 1st choice last year but turned it back in after the hurricane trashed us.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Didnt get drawn for any of my gator tags.  Put in for all the muzzle loader, archery and general hunts.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Me and a buddy had Broadmoor last year good luck. We didn’t get squat.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Me and a buddy had Broadmoor last year good luck. We didn’t get squat.
View Quote

We tend to do well at Broadmoor. We've had tags there the last few years and have pulled some really nice ones out of there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Bump, last week to enter. Application period ends Thursday June 15.

Even if you dont plan to hunt this year, you can build preference points for the future.

Any hunt drawn can be turned back in for a preference point.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Just anxiously awaiting all my emails that say I was drawn for not a single hunt.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just anxiously awaiting all my emails that say I was drawn for not a single hunt.
View Quote

Imagine yourself laughing and rolling around in all your preference points!

They’re just like hunts, except you dont have to get out if bed at 4 am and you cant eat the meat.

But you still have bragging rights.

Right now I’m sitting on FIVE preference points…
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Final Bump!

Last day to put in hunts in Floridas WMA lottery!
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Good luck gentlemen, hope you get what you want.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#18]
When are we supposed to hear back on this?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When are we supposed to hear back on this?
View Quote

Phase 2 application period ( leftover hunts ) starts on the 23 June, so they will notify prior.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Got my notification today.  Didnt get drawn for a single hunt.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I got archery and general gun.

I also got one of the NWR hunts but I turned that one back in because it conflicted with general gun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Extremely frustrating, I got skunked for the second year in a row, with a preference point, for Muzzloader and General gun.

Never happened before in the 40+ years I’ve been hunting WMA’s .

Im assuming that it’s because there were so many canceled hunts due to the hurricane, lots of people ended up with double preference points.

Feels like I’m trying to draw a western elk or mule deer hunt, not a management hunt in Florida.

I did get an Archery, since mine was canceled and I had the extra “ hurricane point”.
Link Posted: 6/20/2023 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I got Jumper Creek opening week of gun... nice place, but the areas I know I need a boat to get to, I no longer have a boat...

Might work on access via public lands.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got Jumper Creek opening week of gun... nice place, but the areas I know I need a boat to get to, I no longer have a boat...

Might work on access via public lands.
View Quote

There are some decent. areas to hunt accessible on foot from the road.

I bumbled a great buck there many moons ago, set up on a 10 acre pond with a big maple head in the middle, afternoon hunt, I was convinced the deer had to be bedding in the head, spent all afternoon glassing it, put the binoculars down and stretched; there he was, almost directly below and in front of me at 10 yards, walking the same two track I walked in on!

Situational awareness, how does it work…..
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:26:28 PM EDT
[#25]
I was fortunate enough to draw the first gun hunt on Carravelle Ranch South. Anyone who has not drawn anything yet, don't give up. You still have phase 2 and 3. Reissues after that. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#26]
One of my buddies got drawn for every single hunt......no preference points.  That dude needs to go buy a lottery ticket.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#27]
We're probably moving to the Space Coast soon, and I know nothing of the hunting landscape in FL.

What animals/seasons are required to draw to hunt?

What is the most fun and highest success hunting to be had in FL?

Any opportunities I should look into as a vet?
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What is the most fun and highest success hunting to be had in FL?

View Quote

Paid guided hog hunts...

Bird hunting is a lot of fun and doesn't require a quota at a lot of the WMAs. I got into snipe hunting last year and had a blast. Hoping to work quail and dove some more this year.
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I only submitted for archery hunts and won none of them lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top