BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/21/2021 9:39:29 PM EDT
193 days and counting...
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a handgun permit? Would that put it in jeopardy?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a handgun permit? Would that put it in jeopardy?
View Quote

Handgun permit? Your not from Il are you?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Im around 250 days...
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Im around 250 days...
View Quote

Seriously? I'd be contacting my state rep.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I know a guy who applied in early June for a new FOID. Not one word.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine took 273 days but was finally approved. How long do they take to mail these after approval?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine took 273 days but was finally approved. How long do they take to mail these after approval?
View Quote

I think most people receive them in a couple of weeks once printed.  However, the ISP says to allow 30 days IIRC.  They dont print every day afaik, so depends on how far away you are from the next print run.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
234 days and counting here.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Help me remember....
@InterestedBystander
@SwanHunter
1. How early can I start the renewal process?
2. If it expires doesn't that invalidate a CCW?  (Answered by looking at the Tacked thread....Thx for that....)
3. Wasn't there a Ill state rep who's FOID expired but is CCW was still valid and he got arrested because the expired FOID invalided the CCW?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Help me remember....
@InterestedBystander
@SwanHunter
2. If it expires doesn't that invalidate a CCW?  (Answered by looking at the Tacked thread....Thx for that....)
3. Wasn't there a Ill state rep who's FOID expired but is CCW was still valid and he got arrested because the expired FOID invalided the CCW?
View Quote

1. My FOID renewal button opened for entry 3 months prior to expiration date printed on card.  90 days in advance, yet it's taking longer than that for renewals.

2. Under Covid rules FOID and CCL expirations are extended.   Apply and you've got a valid card for 18 more months  post disaster proclamation in spite of printed expire date.

3.  Yes there was a story printed about that.  I seem to recall the conclusion was "it was a mistake" and charges were dropped.   Shocking!!!

edit:
https://news.wttw.com/2020/08/19/state-lawmaker-contemplates-suing-cpd-after-gun-charge-dismissed
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Applied in early September...still waiting
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

1. My FOID renewal button opened for entry 3 months prior to expiration date printed on card.  90 days in advance, yet it's taking longer than that for renewals.

2. Under Covid rules FOID and CCL expirations are extended.   Apply and you've got a valid card for 18 more months  post disaster proclamation in spite of printed expire date.

3.  Yes there was a story printed about that.  I seem to recall the conclusion was "it was a mistake" and charges were dropped.   Shocking!!!

edit:
https://news.wttw.com/2020/08/19/state-lawmaker-contemplates-suing-cpd-after-gun-charge-dismissed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Help me remember....
@InterestedBystander
@SwanHunter

edit:

@InterestedBystander
So my first question is, does the 18 months apply to when I start my renewal process or does it start from Fhat Boy's disaster declaration date?
Second, what if the Disaster declaration expires before the renewal process is completed?  Does that impact the extension?
Third....what to do when you run into the inevitable cop that has no clue and wants to arrest me because "your foid is expired"....and then they confiscate my gun as in the above scenario with the state congress person?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@InterestedBystander
So my first question is, does the 18 months apply to when I start my renewal process or does it start from Fhat Boy's disaster declaration date?
Second, what if the Disaster declaration expires before the renewal process is completed?  Does that impact the extension?
Third....what to do when you run into the inevitable cop that has no clue and wants to arrest me because "your foid is expired"....and then they confiscate my gun as in the above scenario with the state congress person?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@InterestedBystander

IANAL.

1) Your extra 18 begins with end of proclamation as written.  My interpretation is that if you have submitted a renewal then the card stays active through the end of disaster proclamation plus an additional 18 months from the end of  proclamation

edit: ISPFSB FAQ
Q. What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my FOID expiration date?

A. Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration

2) Dont know. Assuming no additional JCAR changes or Covid rules, would expect it to still be the 18 months post end of declaration.  If renewal submitted, then card is active until whenever disaster ends.  So if thats 3 mo  or longer from ability to start renewal + time until end of declaration + 18 months  you are looking at close to two years.   In general it seems renewals are around 5 or 6 months, some more, some less, some getting caught in system.

3) Although past expired date on card, LE lookup should bring back as Active.  Recommendations are keeping a print of your renewal payment with you.  Once I go past my expire date, Ill probably also include having a print of relevant Covid rules.

The ISP Firearms Services Bureau encourages FOID cardholders and CCL holders to keep a copy of their confirmation from their submitted renewal application as additional verification of compliance.

My best guess and looking forward to @Swanhunter input/corrections
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

IANAL.

1) Your extra 18 begins with end of proclamation as written.  My interpretation is that if you have submitted a renewal then the card stays active through the end of disaster proclamation plus an additional 18 months from the end of  proclamation

Q. What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my FOID expiration date?

A. Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration

2) Dont know. Assuming no additional JCAR changes or Covid rules, would expect it to still be the 18 months post end of declaration.  If renewal submitted, then card is active until whenever disaster ends.  So if thats 3 mo  or longer from ability to start renewal + time until end of declaration + 18 months  you are looking at close to two years.   In general it seems renewals are around 5 or 6 months, some more, some less, some getting caught in system.

3) Although past expired date on card, LE lookup should bring back as Active.  Recommendations are keeping a print of your renewal payment with you.  Once I go past my expire date, Ill probably also include having a print of relevant Covid rules.

View Quote

@InterestedBystander

Thanks, that is extremely helpful.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think most people receive them in a couple of weeks once printed.  However, the ISP says to allow 30 days IIRC.  They dont print every day afaik, so depends on how far away you are from the next print run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

281 days from application to finally getting the card
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@InterestedBystander

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IANAL.

@InterestedBystander

@slarti @InterestedBystander

I made up a business card size printout of relevant dates, numbers, etc. and carry it in my wallet. So if I get challenged by a cop I can show expired CCL plus the printed card with renewal date, payment confirmation number, the IL regs (from tacked thread), etc. A cop is gonna cop, but if s/he is truly just uninformed then maybe I keep my property.

Let me know if you want the template.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I made up a business card size printout of relevant dates, numbers, etc. and carry it in my wallet. So if I get challenged by a cop I can show expired CCL plus the printed card with renewal date, payment confirmation number, the IL regs (from tacked thread), etc. A cop is gonna cop, but if s/he is truly just uninformed then maybe I keep my property.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IANAL.

@InterestedBystander

@sendit14.
Interested.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#18]
366 days for my son.

He received a letter from the ISPFSB several weeks ago explaining that the card is valid and their directive carries the force of statute.

You’d think they could have just sent a new card.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
...and their directive carries the force of statute.
View Quote

How does an ISP directive carry the force of statute if there has been no bill filed, debated or voted on?

Is it the JCAR approval that does this?  Not enough energy right now to look up the specifics.  Can they just make up anything they want?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#20]
How does an ISP directive carry the force of statute if there has been no bill filed, debated or voted on?
View Quote

They believe it has the force of statute because it was an emergency order by the Governor.

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Is it the JCAR approval that does this?  Not enough energy right now to look up the specifics.  Can they just make up anything they want?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...and their directive carries the force of statute.

Yes, they can and they do.

EDIT: For clarity.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Got mine last Friday, March 5th, 2021 applied for it on October 19, 2019. I had to go through Above Biometrics to kick start the process. I got it within 4days of it going active.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Got mine last Friday, March 5th, 2021 applied for it on October 19, 2019. I had to go through Above Biometrics to kick start the process. I got it within 4days of it going active.
View Quote

Wow...a year and a 1/2 for renewal?  
What list were you on?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Congrats on finally getting the card.  I assume you are referring to CCL since Biometrics is a fingerprint service.  Regardless, that is too long for either card. Im only 3 months into waiting on my FOID renewal submission so my card has caused no issues yet.

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Congrats on finally getting the card.  I assume you are referring to CCL since Biometrics is a fingerprint service.  Regardless, that is too long for either card. I'm only 3 months into waiting on my FOID renewal submission so my card has caused no issues yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got mine last Friday, March 5th, 2021 applied for it on October 19, 2019. I had to go through Above Biometrics to kick start the process. I got it within 4 days of it going active.

Congrats on finally getting the card.  I assume you are referring to CCL since Biometrics is a fingerprint service.  Regardless, that is too long for either card. I'm only 3 months into waiting on my FOID renewal submission so my card has caused no issues yet.

No, actually I meant FOID. I took my renewal course two weeks ago for the CCL. At the class, the instructor advised us that if we were having problems with our FOIDs that they might be able to assist us. Mine had been sitting in purgatory since October '19. I called up Biometrics and the FOID went active the same day. I submitted my renewal through them for my CCL and it went active in less than a week. Considering the massive backload downstate the charge for submitting the renewal app is worth it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No, actually I meant FOID. I took my renewal course two weeks ago for the CCL. At the class, the instructor advised us that if we were having problems with our FOIDs that they might be able to assist us. Mine had been sitting in purgatory since October '19. I called up Bionics and the FOID went active the same day. I submitted my renewal through them for my CCL and it went active in less than a week. Considering the massive backload downstate the charge for submitting the renewal app is worth it.
View Quote

Wow.  Makes no sense they could get it done but whatever works to make it happen!
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I called up Bionics and the FOID went active the same day. I submitted my renewal through them for my CCL and it went active in less than a week
View Quote

This is totally news to us...Can you give more info on this outfit?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I called up Bionics and the FOID went active the same day. I submitted my renewal through them for my CCL and it went active in less than a week

My Foid had been languishing for over a year. To get the CCL started they goosed the state somehow to process that so they could start with the CCL.

They're easy to find. I filled out the form on their website for the CCL renewal and submitted it through them with the photo and certificate. You'll have to give them access to your ISP info on the ISP portal, pay through them, and pay a $40 charge upfront. For the initial application, you'll have to do a fingerprint which they do no fingerprints if renewal unless you didn't have them on the initial application I guess.

SH Check your inbox. @SwanHunter
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:14:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My Foid had been languishing for over a year. To get the CCL started they goosed the state somehow to process that so they could start with the CCL.

They're easy to find. I filled out the form on their website for the CCL renewal and submitted it through them with the photo and certificate. You'll have to give them access to your ISP info on the ISP portal, pay through them, and pay a $40 charge upfront. For the initial application, you'll have to do a fingerprint which they do no fingerprints if renewal unless you didn't have them on the initial application I guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disclaimer: never heard of Bionics before this post
Caveat: the following is my opinion and mine alone

It makes sense that using a fingerprint service got it done faster. If the State moves quickly on fingerprinted applications then people tell other people to use a fingerprint service. Then 1) the state builds its database of CCL fingerprints quicker, and 2) undoubtedly someone at the state gets a taste from the fingerprinting service.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It makes sense that using a fingerprint service got it done faster. If the State moves quickly on fingerprinted applications then people tell other people to use a fingerprint service. Then 1) the state builds its database of CCL fingerprints quicker, and 2) undoubtedly someone at the state gets a taste from the fingerprinting service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

disclaimer: not Bionics, that's a typo of mine. The firm is Above Biometrics.......stupid typo my bad.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

disclaimer: not Bionics, that's a typo of mine. The firm is Above Biometrics.......stupid typo my bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard of them either

My opinion is the same - substitute name ??
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:40:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Being a year late is common place.  GSL gets phone calls and letters from non-members castigating us for not forcing the State of Illinois to follow its own law, and restore such non-members rights.  GSL, ISRA, SAF, and NRA-ILA have filed or are supporting lawsuits on all this.  Even if we win at the SCOTUS five years from now by a vote of 15 to 14, what will change?  Illinois is not following the law now, how will a court ruling change that?  There is talk of a new ISP task force to go pick up the guns of FOID cards carriers who forgot to renew.  Does this sound like a protected Constitutional Right to you? Owning guns in Illinois is a privilege that only exists at the pleasure of the State.

Think about this.  Suppose there were a FOID card for church attendance.  You would have to wait up to a year to make sure it was okay with Illinois for you to exercise you first amendment right.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Being a year late is common place.  GSL gets phone calls and letters from non-members castigating us for not forcing the State of Illinois to follow its own law, and restore such non-members rights.  GSL, ISRA, SAF, and NRA-ILA have filed or are supporting lawsuits on all this.  Even if we win at the SCOTUS five years from now by a vote of 15 to 14, what will change?  Illinois is not following the law now, how will a court ruling change that?  There is talk of a new ISP task force to go pick up the guns of FOID cards carriers who forgot to renew.  Does this sound like a protected Constitutional Right to you? Owning guns in Illinois is a privilege that only exists at the pleasure of the State.

Think about this.  Suppose there were a FOID card for church attendance.  You would have to wait up to a year to make sure it was okay with Illinois for you to exercise you first amendment right.
View Quote

You mean like if churches and synagogues aren't open because of some Chinese virus?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#34]
299 days for my renewal.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#35]
110 calendar days.  Things seem to be improving. Still waiting on physical card from USPS though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You mean like if churches and synagogues aren't open because of some Chinese virus?
View Quote

I got two YELP reviews pulled last week because I used the words 'Chinese Flu' in them...they said I was culturally insensitive. I will write them back when I get back home and let them know they are outright lying and quashing my 1st amendment t rights. So let's review...where did this virus outbreak start and allowed to be spread worldwide? Oh yea China and it was called the Chinese Flu by many in the media until they became 'enlightened'. I'll remind YELP of that too...not that it will matter to them but maybe...just maybe my reply will enlighten someone at YELP...can't hurt to speak out...even to the delusional 'woke' crowd. Okay enough rant...have a blessed day fellow rough necks!!
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I got two YELP reviews pulled last week because I used the words 'Chinese Flu' in them...they said I was culturally insensitive. I will write them back when I get back home and let them know they are outright lying and quashing my 1st amendment t rights. So let's review...where did this virus outbreak start and allowed to be spread worldwide? Oh yea China and it was called the Chinese Flu by many in the media until they became 'enlightened'. I'll remind YELP of that too...not that it will matter to them but maybe...just maybe my reply will enlighten someone at YELP...can't hurt to speak out...even to the delusional 'woke' crowd. Okay enough rant...have a blessed day fellow rough necks!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think most places tolerate 'CCP virus' so try that? We can argue that it's a political statement and not a cultural abridgement  ??
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#38]
242 now...
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok, I don't know what list I got on, but I applied for my FOID renewal on or about 4/4 and it arrived yesterday......Should I go buy a lotto ticket?
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ok, I don't know what list I got on, but I applied for my FOID renewal on or about 4/4 and it arrived yesterday......Should I go buy a lotto ticket?
View Quote

You are not the first person who has had a quick turn around in recent past.  I can't help but wonder if old applications are in a huge pile somewhere and the ISP is chipping away at the pile.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You are not the first person who has had a quick turn around in recent past.  I can't help but wonder if old applications are in a huge pile somewhere and the ISP is chipping away at the pile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would not surprise.....

.GOV efficiency........
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#42]
It took me 14 days to renew mine
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:17:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Would not surprise.....

.GOV efficiency........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would not surprise.....

.GOV efficiency........

they're not working with paper apps so much nowadays.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my FOID renewal back in about 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#45]
A retired old goat I meet for coffee told me he received his new FOID last week and the renewal took 30 days from the time the application was submitted.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Just shy of 9 months on an address change. Fuck these people. That unconstitutional ruling needs to be applied statewide.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Just shy of 9 months on an address change. Fuck these people. That unconstitutional ruling needs to be applied statewide.
View Quote

e-mail sent...
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#49]
My FOID renews in September. Just renewed today. Will be interested to see how long it takes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#50]
I finally got my renewed CCP. 15 months after I mailed in the renewal!  710 more days and it's adios shithole.

ETA: My application had absolutely zero changes of any nature.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top