Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:02 AM EDT
Has FNH suspended production of the M249S?

Can't find one in stock anywhere...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I purchased mine over a year ago.
 I have not seen any through distributors in a long time.  The peeps in the FN forum seem to feel there won’t be anymore. Interesting thread here.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/M249s/24-511111/

A used FDE para M 249s just sold on gun broker for over $16k.. crazy!  M249s FDE PARA

I have never shot mine.. I wish I kept the box...

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I purchased mine over a year ago.
 I have not seen any through distributors in a long time.  The peeps in the FN forum seem to feel there won’t be anymore. Interesting thread here.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/M249s/24-511111/

A used FDE para M 249s just sold on gun broker for over $16k.. crazy!  M249s FDE PARA

I have never shot mine.. I wish I kept the box...

View Quote

I'm just needing one for a project.

I talked with two people from FN today and one couldn't say when and the other estimated sometime this summer. Evidently SCAR and pistol manufacturing are eating up production time and they are in fact watching what the prices are doing on the auction boards as they told me what folks are paying for them...which may or may not affect what they'll cost when they come back, then there's also the concern that the new emperor wants to include semi's in the NFA registry.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Tim from Military Arms Channel said in a recent video that FN had discontinued the semi 249. No hard evidence of this so your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tim from Military Arms Channel said in a recent video that FN had discontinued the semi 249. No hard evidence of this so your mileage may vary.
View Quote

And that could be the case but they're still listed on their website and according to the two folks at FNH I talked with, the M249s is still a current offering but down on the list as they are behind on meeting the demand for their pistols and SCAR rifles. At least that is the info I got earlier today.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#5]
One just sold on Gunbroker for over $19K... holy cow...downright absurd.. I should sell mine and get a M16, or 1919 transferable or buy GameStop stock... (kidding). totally ridiculous....

M249S
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

One just sold on Gunbroker for over $19K... holy cow...downright absurd.. I should sell mine and get a M16, or 1919 transferable or buy GameStop stick... (kidding). totally ridiculous....

M249S
View Quote

Yep and another starting bid at $17,500...

I remember folks saying they wouldn't pay $8k for a belt-fed semi...now they're not
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I have located what I need, thanks for the help
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top