Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2021 11:35:03 AM EDT
Hi all.  I'm looking to get out of the panhandle.  I want to be in a much warmer climate and close to fishing and diving.  Is there anything good that is rural, within 30-40 minutes of the beach, that isn't a crime ridden area?  I like fishing Pompano and surrounding spots.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Broward is pretty built out..Im sure there are pockets here and there. Im in Palm Beach and your two options for "rural" are either Loxahatchee or Jupiter Farms. By "rural" i mean no HOA, and 1+ acre lots. More of a country setting I guess for South FLorida. Prices are not cheap by any means but that is everywhere. No problems keeping your toys at your home. Heck i have a small range in the backyard thats 50 yards. I limit it to .22s suppressed and the occasional pistol rounds. Ill do test fires with rifles but thats it.  Im in Loxahatchee and can be at a boat ramp for the ocean in about 35 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Broward is pretty built out..Im sure there are pockets here and there. Im in Palm Beach and your two options for "rural" are either Loxahatchee or Jupiter Farms. By "rural" i mean no HOA, and 1+ acre lots. More of a country setting I guess for South FLorida. Prices are not cheap by any means but that is everywhere. No problems keeping your toys at your home. Heck i have a small range in the backyard thats 50 yards. I limit it to .22s suppressed and the occasional pistol rounds. Ill do test fires with rifles but thats it.  Im in Loxahatchee and can be at a boat ramp for the ocean in about 35 minutes.
View Quote
Sounds reasonable.  We want to limit to 500k
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You REALLY don't want to live in that area of FL.  You should consider other options. I moved from that area in early 2020 after 20 years.

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
$500k will get you a decent house in Lox. Likely a 3-2-2 with a pool. Be warned, there's a whole town going up here that is going to screw the traffic and lifestyle biggly and another one in each direction.

Cold won't be your problem though, lol.

We love it out here.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm 40 minutes to the beach and icw , 1/4 mile from freshwater river...semi rural..with 40 miles of nothing in every direction. 10 minutes from several wma/,national forest and spring runs.
.but I ain't in south Florida.
And 500k can get more here than in South fl.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
$500k will get you a decent house in Lox. Likely a 3-2-2 with a pool. Be warned, there's a whole town going up here that is going to screw the traffic and lifestyle biggly and another one in each direction.

Cold won't be your problem though, lol.

We love it out here.
View Quote

What town is going up? Wellington expanding?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, to the south and north of Lox, I don't think they can go to far west or they will be in the sugar cane fields but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, to the south and north of Lox, I don't think they can go to far west or they will be in the sugar cane fields but you never know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im sure he is talking about Westlake. All the orange groves that were smack in the middle of the neighborhood incorporated to become the City of Westlake. To the north, there are a couple huge developments going in off Northlake. Unfortunately, the roads have not caught up to the expansion yet, even though they are supposedly being expanded. My commute into town usually takes 35-45 minutes on average depending on traffic. I am in the northwest area of the neighborhood, out towards the new range.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm 40 minutes to the beach and icw , 1/4 mile from freshwater river...semi rural..with 40 miles of nothing in every direction. 10 minutes from several wma/,national forest and spring runs.
.but I ain't in south Florida.
And 500k can get more here than in South fl.
View Quote
@protus. You up in central?  Maybe Ocala region?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Martin County?
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@protus. You up in central?  Maybe Ocala region?
View Quote
Lake,volusia,Marion border area.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 5:31:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Martin County?
View Quote

this. I'm in Hobe Sound and I walk to the beach. Quiet here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Jupiter Farms since 1987.  One of the few conservative leaning areas in Palm Beach county.  Almost built out, prices through the roof, you might still find a 3/2/2 for just under 500K, but homes are selling fast.  Still a nice area to live in if you don't mind some dirt roads, well, septic, neighbors might have horses, some have a few cows and miscellaneous other "farm" animals.  Unincorporated Palm Beach county, just south of the Martin county line.  When we moved here, wife called it the last frontier before the concrete jungle of south Florida, still is.  As flashooter mentioned, Loxahatchee is an other good area, basically the same setting, Calusa is another one.

We are 10-20 minutes from 2 WMAs, more further away, about 15-20 minutes from saltwater boat ramps, good fishing, good diving, brand new shooting facility basically between Lox and Jup Farms that is to go out to 300 yds, skeet, trap, sporting clays, several LGSs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in PBC. I would stay north of here, like Martin or St Lucie county. More affordable and politically conservative.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:21:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Look at Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, etc....
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Im sure he is talking about Westlake. All the orange groves that were smack in the middle of the neighborhood incorporated to become the City of Westlake. To the north, there are a couple huge developments going in off Northlake. Unfortunately, the roads have not caught up to the expansion yet, even though they are supposedly being expanded. My commute into town usually takes 35-45 minutes on average depending on traffic. I am in the northwest area of the neighborhood, out towards the new range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apologies for the month late reply.

Yes, I was referring to Westlake- which rumor has it is wanting to connect through the middle of the Acreage via 140th Ave. That was supposed to be zoned for 2,000 homes, they asked for 10,000, got kicked down to 6,500 and my money is on 12-15,000 by the time they are done.

To the south-west there is Arden off of Southern, and to the north is Ancient Tree or whatever. I'm on a two acre lot on a lightly traveled- but paved road. If they connect 140th, I need to seriously decide how much I'm willing to put up with for the friendships and relationships we've built here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top