Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2021 1:00:36 PM EDT
Dude got scammed and is on a rage.

I'm dying over here... No one can possibly feel sorry right?

FGT morons
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:08:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 4:13:15 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By osprey21:
There's been a lot of that going on in the EE here as well.

The EE staff & crew has been doing a yeoman's job aggressively going after these turds.
View Quote

Good on them.

But I'll say the same thing my Grandpa always said: "If it's too good to be true it always bullshit!"

If someone can send me photos with some form of data I can geo-locate or something about a local meetup I'm probably not buying.

Exception is the EE where we can review the feedback and make educated decisions
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:15:35 PM EDT
FTF is always best, especially when that kind of money is involved.  I guess with guns/ammo prices where they are it's not surprising that the scammers are using them...but scamming gun people is a risky proposition I would think.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:24:14 PM EDT
I am not sure he got scammed but just posting what scammers are doing. It is a shame the scum that is out there and at how many poorly uneducated people  there are.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:58:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By patw:
I am not sure he got scammed but just posting what scammers are doing. It is a shame the scum that is out there and at how many poorly uneducated people  there are.
View Quote

I guess I'm just wondering who just sends money to someone online without some sort of company (like gunbroker for instance) to support you or the EE where you can see multiple feedback responses and even contact other users to make sure the person is trustworthy.

It just seems like pure common sense that you don't send someone $1K and say "I hope he's trustworthy!"

Plus almost every one of those scam ads has a weapon priced WELL BELOW the market value. That's a dead giveaway to me. $100 bucks maybe I'd consider it.... but if its $500 below what others are paying I can tell you something is up!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/11/2021 10:11:11 AM EDT by patw]
I completely agree with you. I won't even consider anything on there unless they are close to me and are willing to meet for a ftf. I have done a few deals on there without an issue but have also had the occasional," if I send you $1,000 for your $400 item, will you send me back the change/difference?". It is a shame as it used to be a decent site. Now you can pretty much tell if anyone is selling anything and has a new log-in/register date, it is pretty much a scam. Also, I don;t know if many people know this but if you click on the red reticle next to the seller, you can see where the post originated. Most of which are out of state,which is another give away.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:41:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By patw:
I completely agree with you. I won't even consider anything on there unless they are close to me and are willing to meet for a ftf. I have done a few deals on there without an issue but have also had the occasional," if I send you $1,000 for your $400 item, will you send me back the change/difference?". It is a shame as it used to be a decent site. Now you can pretty much tell if anyone is selling anything and has a new log-in/register date, it is pretty much a scam. Also, I don;t know if many people know this but if you click on the red reticle next to the seller, you can see where the post originated. Most of which are out of state,which is another give away.
View Quote

I noticed some of them are getting smarter though. They are using some sort of VPN or spoofing thing to make it look they are near you, and that is pissing me off.

I've found the only surefire way to make sure they are what they say they are is like you said: meet face to face within 24 hours. I always suggest Walmart or the local County offices lol
Top Top