Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 4:56:59 PM EDT
I am currently stationed in Germany and my home of record is Nebraska...

I would like to purchase firearms while I am stationed here in Stuttgart, Germany and have been told that I could possibly pay for the purchase of firearms, have the FFL hold the firearms until I return to the US, and just delay the transfer of the firearm to me until I get back to the US.

Is that possible?  If so, are there any FFLs willing to do it?  I obviously want to keep it legal but also work with someone reputable who will hold the firearms until I get back.

Thanks,

MPNelson81
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
AFAIK, basically yes.

I would touch base with an FFL and tell them about your situation and how long they will have to hold the guns. I'm sure most FFLs will be ok as long as they know ahead of time. You might have to pay a storage fee if they are holding it for some length of time.

But I'm not an FFL or attorney and someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Some old timers in my squadron brought back shotguns from turkey in the early 90's and iirc they bought them in country, had the armory ship them to their home base armory to keep them until they returned, then once they returned, their home station armory either sent them to an ffl or did the xfer there (I cant remember which one).

Either way, u might want to talk to someone in ur on base armory to see if they know of a procedure to bring something back.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks... I am definitely not buying anything here because it's quite a process to purchase firearms in Germany.  I was thinking more along the lines of conducting a purchase over the phone/internet from an FFL in Nebraska and then picking up the firearms when I get back to the US in about 18 months.  

Thanks,

MPNelson81
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rick_NE:

What part of the state are you from?
View Quote

I grew up in Bellevue and still have family there and in Gretna.

MPNelson81
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, well that would be a conversation to have with the dealer ur buying from. I imagine it will vary from ffl to ffl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top