Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2018 6:27:45 PM EDT
I don't know how far the word has traveled yet, but I heard that the gun range is going to be back open in cut off.

The range is top Notch and not many places you can shoot that type of distances.

I may finally make a grendel.

This guy is the one that bought it

FTS Outdoors

Really nice guy
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool, driven past it many times on the way to catch specks and reds. Will have to bring the rifles next time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool, driven past it many times on the way to catch specks and reds. Will have to bring the rifles next time.
View Quote
What's cool is that there is a golf cart to use in case you want to put some paper down field a ways so you don't have to walk
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
double
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#4]
My dad lives in Golden Meadow and has told me about this place. Need to make the trip down there to check it out. This may be the only public long range in South Louisiana.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My dad lives in Golden Meadow and has told me about this place. Need to make the trip down there to check it out. This may be the only public long range in South Louisiana.
View Quote
That's cool...my grand ma grew up in GM.

From what I am told, there is only one other range that is that long of a distance in LA.

I thin it's in North Louisiana, not 100% sure about the location.
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been told there's one that long in Leesville but I have no idea of the name or if its true or not.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've been told there's one that long in Leesville but I have no idea of the name or if its true or not.
View Quote
That might be where it's at.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Long Range Alley... south of Shreveport. Nice facility.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Long Range Alley... south of Shreveport. Nice facility.
View Quote
Yes. Long Range Alley has a 1,000 yard range. But, you have to pay a yearly membership and qualify to shoot on the 1,000.

There is now a new 1,000 yard range off of I-20 in Bossier City but it is only open Thursday evenings and every other Saturday, by appointment.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Alpha,

My wife is from Cut Off,  my BIL (her sisters husband) and I shoot there when we visit.  In fact, when you look at the picture in the link, they live across the back highway, in the upper right corner of the picture,  we get to the range in his John Deere Gator UTV

Nice range, one of the best for that distance.  When I graduated from LSU Engineering my first job was for Mobil Oil at the South Timbalier Gas Plant south of GM, when I first met her, she worked for State Bank in GM, we would eat lunch together at Randolphs....some of the best breaded veal and seafood at the time.

Link Posted: 8/4/2018 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Alpha,

My wife is from Cut Off,  my BIL (her sisters husband) and I shoot there when we visit.  In fact, when you look at the picture in the link, they live across the back highway, in the upper right corner of the picture,  we get to the range in his John Deere Gator UTV

Nice range, one of the best for that distance.  When I graduated from LSU Engineering my first job was for Mobil Oil at the South Timbalier Gas Plant south of GM, when I first met her, she worked for State Bank in GM, we would eat lunch together at Randolphs....some of the best breaded veal and seafood at the time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alpha,

Randolphf's was legit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m a little bit younger than y’all but I do remember Randolph’s years ago.

I worked on Grand Isle for a years ago and stayed with my pops in Golden Meadow. Too bad the range wasn’t there then. Now a days when I head down the bayou it’s usually to fish.

Bronc, I would assume that gas plant is no longer there? Lots of the oil / gas industry has dried up over the past few years.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’m a little bit younger than y’all but I do remember Randolph’s years ago.

I worked on Grand Isle for a years ago and stayed with my pops in Golden Meadow. Too bad the range wasn’t there then. Now a days when I head down the bayou it’s usually to fish.

Bronc, I would assume that gas plant is no longer there? Lots of the oil / gas industry has dried up over the past few years.
View Quote
Yes it is gone, was a modular design by the Randall Corporation, was shut down 8 years after I got transferred and sold to go to Wyoming.  The good old days....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top