Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/30/2019 2:46:05 PM EDT
You guys see Larry isnt involved anymore? Its just the two young guys and the owner of the other Excalibur in Circleville. Anyone know what happened?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in there a couple of months ago and the place was empty.  Just a dozen or so used guns.

Asa said it was really slow.

IMHO the huge increase in transfers really screwed them over.  Some people had ordered items before the increase and instead of paying $20 they ended up around $70 to get their stuff.

Bad news travels fast.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were closed soon.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont know about that, Rays a pretty good smith from what Ive seen, I was just curious what happened with Larry. Ive bought surplus off him in the past and found out hes split from the company.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont know about that, Rays a pretty good smith from what Ive seen, I was just curious what happened with Larry. Ive bought surplus off him in the past and found out hes split from the company.
View Quote
The owner of Excalibur finally wised up and kicked Larry's ass out after getting ripped off like multiple other people have been.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was in there a couple of months ago and the place was empty.  Just a dozen or so used guns.

Asa said it was really slow.

IMHO the huge increase in transfers really screwed them over.  Some people had ordered items before the increase and instead of paying $20 they ended up around $70 to get their stuff.

Bad news travels fast.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were closed soon.
View Quote
That would suck bad if you had a transfer in progress and they all of a sudden decided to more than triple there fee and expected people to pay the new rate.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That would suck bad if you had a transfer in progress and they all of a sudden decided to more than triple there fee and expected people to pay the new rate.
View Quote
Well how was anyone surprised by it? Didnt anybody call before hand to notify them a transfer was coming? Figured if anything changed they'd say something then.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The way it sounded was that folks had items coming in and the price changed while these items were enroute.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not a good smith,  I know from personal experience.  Not so much his fault as other people who are no longer involve for pushing work though.  I was not sad to see the GE folks go away.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well how was anyone surprised by it? Didnt anybody call before hand to notify them a transfer was coming? Figured if anything changed they'd say something then.
View Quote
My CMP 1911 took months to process.  By the time it shipped, Excalibur was in charge and had increased the rates.  I never stepped foot back in there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not a good smith.
View Quote
Really? Ive always heard the opposite?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
is that Irish dude still there?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
is that Irish dude still there?
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Really? Ive always heard the opposite?
View Quote
I couldn't recommend them for anything.  Nice enough guy but, what I had them work on was a disaster in pretty much every. I now have an expensive paper weight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there more than one location ? I did a transfer at the Circleville location a couple of years ago. I believe it was $40 or $45 dollars. A very nice woman was running the shop. Quick and easy transfer.  So it's $70 now ?
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#14]
If you’re looking for a transfer in the Columbus area, I recommend Gun Mafia in Hilliard. The first transfer is $20. After that, it alternates between $10 and $20.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you’re looking for a transfer in the Columbus area, I recommend Gun Mafia in Hilliard. The first transfer is $20. After that, it alternates between $10 and $20.
View Quote
I have used Gun Mafia for 2 or 3 transfers in the last year or so, great experience every time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is there more than one location ? I did a transfer at the Circleville location a couple of years ago. I believe it was $40 or $45 dollars. A very nice woman was running the shop. Quick and easy transfer.  So it's $70 now ?
View Quote
No its just $35, just dropped in this week and bought a woobie from Ray. Your thinking of when the Columbus store took over Gun Envy maybe.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No its just $35, just dropped in this week and bought a woobie from Ray. Your thinking of when the Columbus store took over Gun Envy maybe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is for the first Item, each one after that is $15. So 3 guns will run you $65 plus tax. Used to be $20 for the same thing
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is for the first Item, each one after that is $15. So 3 guns will run you $65 plus tax. Used to be $20 for the same thing
View Quote
No, its $35 for the first item and $10 for each additional. Ive been trying to stop in each week and see how the guys are doing.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#19]
They did a transfer for my wife while I was in Iraq last year.  She didn't have any complaints.  I never see lots of guns in there though but I know they pack up for gun shows
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I knew Larry for many years. lets just say i no have contact with him. shame what happened to him..
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 4:24:49 AM EDT
[#21]
What happened to him?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top