Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2021 3:02:07 PM EDT
After reading a misleading post about "No Guns" signs carrying the weight of law in Kentucky, (the liar even posted a small piece of KRS 237.110  out of context to mislead people), I thought it would be the right thing to do to fight back, as the signs are only meant to offend people.

I had an idea of going someplace known for their "No Guns" signs, like buffalo wild wings with a friend.   Maybe we would order a big lunch or dinner.  After ordering, we would have to leave our over shirts at the table/booth to hold it while we wash up.   Upon returning we would likely be asked to take our guns to our car.   At such time, we would leave and get lunch elsewhere.   That seems like an obvious thing pro-gun people should be doing.   Have you ever done such a thing?   If not, what are your thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds reasonable
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
But in this exact example, who are you punishing? Unless the business is locally/privately owned, are you punishing anyone other than a blank corporate entity that doesn't care?

If you were doing that to Bob's Local Burger Bistro, maybe I could see the effectiveness.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But in this exact example, who are you punishing? Unless the business is locally/privately owned, are you punishing anyone other than a blank corporate entity that doesn't care?

If you were doing that to Bob's Local Burger Bistro, maybe I could see the effectiveness.
View Quote

The only establishments I have ever been asked to leave while openly carrying a sidearm were locally owned small businesses. Big corporation chains, even those who state their policies prohibit firearms, have never given me trouble
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After reading a misleading post about "No Guns" signs carrying the weight of law in Kentucky, (the liar even posted a small piece of KRS 237.110  out of context to mislead people), I thought it would be the right thing to do to fight back, as the signs are only meant to offend people.

I had an idea of going someplace known for their "No Guns" signs, like buffalo wild wings with a friend.   Maybe we would order a big lunch or dinner.  After ordering, we would have to leave our over shirts at the table/booth to hold it while we wash up.   Upon returning we would likely be asked to take our guns to our car.   At such time, we would leave and get lunch elsewhere.   That seems like an obvious thing pro-gun people should be doing.   Have you ever done such a thing?   If not, what are your thoughts?
View Quote

If I was carrying where they could see it, they did not give a damn.
Otherwise, they could not see it, and it was none of their fucking business.  

Just to play along though, I'll bet doing what you propose is not going to change anyone in management's mind, and it's just going to make a lot of onlookers think you're an asshat, with a gun.

Just carry concealed, and don't make a big deal out of it.  
If you really want to hurt them financially, stop giving them business, and convince others to do the same.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree Meplat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Simple.   It is a technique of warfare.   It is called "harassing fire".     When enough people do it, it becomes effective.   It becomes "demoralizing".   That is important.   The damn signs do not carry the weight of law.   They are a political statement, meant to be demoralizing.   Fight back.   Maybe all a person can give them is, "just the tip".   But, if more people do that and frequently, it can make a difference.

Here is the t-shirt I should wear when doing so.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sure.   That is the way they want it.    They get their jab in, and people take it.

Quoted:
Just to play along though, I'll bet doing what you propose is not going to change anyone in management's mind

Oh, I agree.   One guy firing one round of "harrassing fire" is not going to do much if anything.     That is why my post said, "That seems like an obvious thing pro-gun people should be doing."    That seems like something "pro-gun people" (more than one, multiple persons) could do, across locations, over time, thereby creating peaceful and legal "harassing fire".

Quoted:
it's just going to make a lot of onlookers think you're an asshat, with a gun.

We are going to disagree.    On the contrary, I made no mention of saying anything, nor did I mention doing anything to get other customers' attention.  

As a matter of fact, I sometimes open carry.   When doing so, I make a point to be exceptionally gentlemanly, polite, kind, courteous, and even generous.

On the other hand, in all fairness, I am known for being the one who will do the right thing.   Yes, sometimes, that means others may think I am an "asshat".   I am good with that.    I won't go into what I think of most people.   LOL!

Quoted:

Sort of like if a man and his wife walk to work and go by a group of guys, and every morning, one guy will say to another, "Wow, she has a sweet ass".  Afterward, your wife always mentions to you privately that they are nasty and creepy.   If the police were asked, they would say, "No laws are broken".   People can go along to get along.   That is just life.

I get that.  But...

I would tell my wife to drive to work.   I would maybe take a day off, then I would go for a walk with a buddy.   As we pass the guys, I would ask, "How do you like the ass on that one"?   We would both break out in laughter.    I would probably arrange to make sure a camera catches it all.   To be clear, no laws have been broken  to this point.    

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sure.   That is the way they want it.    They get their jab in, and people take it.

Oh, I agree.   One guy firing one round of "harrassing fire" is not going to do much if anything.     That is why my post said, "That seems like an obvious thing pro-gun people should be doing."    That seems like something "pro-gun people" (more than one, multiple persons) could do, across locations, over time, thereby creating peaceful and legal "harassing fire".

We are going to disagree.    On the contrary, I made no mention of saying anything, nor did I mention doing anything to get other customers' attention.  

As a matter of fact, I sometimes open carry.   When doing so, I make a point to be exceptionally gentlemanly, polite, kind, courteous, and even generous.

On the other hand, in all fairness, I am known for being the one who will do the right thing.   Yes, sometimes, that means others may think I am an "asshat".   I am good with that.    I won't go into what I think of most people.   LOL!

Sort of like if a man and his wife walk to work and go by a group of guys, and every morning, one guy will say to another, "Wow, she has a sweet ass".  Afterward, your wife always mentions to you privately that they are nasty and creepy.   If the police were asked, they would say, "No laws are broken".   People can go along to get along.   That is just life.

I get that.  But...

I would tell my wife to drive to work.   I would maybe take a day off, then I would go for a walk with a buddy.   As we pass the guys, I would ask, "How do you like the ass on that one"?   We would both break out in laughter.    I would probably arrange to make sure a camera catches it all.   To be clear, no laws have been broken  to this point.    

View Quote

All you are going to accomplish with your plan, is annoying people.   That is not the image the everyday gun-toter needs to be projecting.
Posession and carry of arms needs to be (re) normalized, not forced.  
I lived for ~25 years in a state where outside of a major metropolitan area, OC was all but the norm.  
Seeing someone without a sidearm was unusual for me. Then we got CC, which was even better, and made sense.  Now Kentucky has caught up. Let's work on what we have, and expand based on common sense and changing the culture. Not pulling stunts in a business, coming off like a "karen" but with a gun.
The slow, subtle and constant is what we should be working on, Not stunts.  
We are working for our grandchildren, and great great grandchildren.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All you are going to accomplish with your plan, is annoying people.   That is not the image the everyday gun-toter needs to be projecting.
Posession and carry of arms needs to be (re) normalized, not forced.  
I lived for ~25 years in a state where outside of a major metropolitan area, OC was all but the norm.  
Seeing someone without a sidearm was unusual for me. Then we got CC, which was even better, and made sense.  Now Kentucky has caught up. Let's work on what we have, and expand based on common sense and changing the culture. Not pulling stunts in a business, coming off like a "karen" but with a gun.
The slow, subtle and constant is what we should be working on, Not stunts.  
We are working for our grandchildren, and great great grandchildren.
View Quote

Yes, we have "caught up" and it wasn't by just doing what we were told to do. It was by people complaining about violations of our rights and the law. I convinced two banks in my hometown to take down signs. One of those is 5th/3rd bank that has a corporate no guns policy, but not in my branch. The local Goodyear store had signs up and I took them 2 receipts from their competitors and showed them what I had spent somewhere else because of their signs. Those signs are now gone.. I stood in line for 20 minutes talking to the manager of a PNC BANK branch while I was open carrying a 1911 him his lobby. No signs there now. I didn't accomplish very much but 100's of people moved us forward by showing there was nothing to fear from a person carrying a weapon. I've had dozens of people thank me for open carry and only a few complain. I have had many people say, "I wish I could carry like that, but job,/boss,/wife /or relatives won't let me." Most people don't see it and those that do don't care. Progress only comes from positive work. Doing nothing is not going to make anything happen.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes, we have "caught up" and it wasn't by just doing what we were told to do. It was by people complaining about violations of our rights and the law. I convinced two banks in my hometown to take down signs. One of those is 5th/3rd bank that has a corporate no guns policy, but not in my branch. The local Goodyear store had signs up and I took them 2 receipts from their competitors and showed them what I had spent somewhere else because of their signs. Those signs are now gone.. I stood in line for 20 minutes talking to the manager of a PNC BANK branch while I was open carrying a 1911 him his lobby. No signs there now. I didn't accomplish very much but 100's of people moved us forward by showing there was nothing to fear from a person carrying a weapon. I've had dozens of people thank me for open carry and only a few complain. I have had many people say, "I wish I could carry like that, but job,/boss,/wife /or relatives won't let me." Most people don't see it and those that do don't care. Progress only comes from positive work. Doing nothing is not going to make anything happen.
[/b]
View Quote

I never said "do nothing". I suggested "pulling a karen" like OP suggested was not a good idea, and would just lead to poor optics and (possibly) police involvement.
Your example is a one on one.  Not at all the same as intentionally making a contrived disturbance in a restaurant.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Double Tapp. Every time I try to post with my phone I mess it up
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:52:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I never said "do nothing". I suggested "pulling a karen" like OP suggested was not a good idea, and would just lead to poor optics and (possibly) police involvement.
Your example is a one on one.  Not at all the same as intentionally making a contrived disturbance in a restaurant.
View Quote

Talk about pulling a "Karen".    Holy cow Batman.   Make up some more stuff.   You should try being a fiction / comic book writer.   LOL!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Talk about pulling a "Karen".    Holy cow Batman.   Make up some more stuff.   You should try being a fiction / comic book writer.   LOL!
View Quote

And I quote-

"  After ordering, we would have to leave our over shirts at the table/booth to hold it while we wash up.   Upon returning we would likely be asked to take our guns to our car.   At such time, we would leave and get lunch elsewhere."

You are manufacturing a conflict, right, wrong or whatever, while wearing a piece.  That is what you posted, right?

That is not how you get your point across. That -is- how you potentially get the police involved.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Double Tapp. Every time I try to post with my phone I mess it up
View Quote

It's okay, I understand your point, and respect what you're trying to do and have done for Kentucky.  
I just disagree with the scenario OP is proposing, and how he thinks it'd play out based on personal experience.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And I quote-

"  After ordering, we would have to leave our over shirts at the table/booth to hold it while we wash up.   Upon returning we would likely be asked to take our guns to our car.   At such time, we would leave and get lunch elsewhere."

That is what you posted, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I quote-

That is what you posted, right?

That is what I posted.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You are manufacturing a conflict, right, wrong or whatever, while wearing a piece.  That is what you posted, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.   That is not what I posted.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That is not how you get your point across. That -is- how you potentially get the police involved.
View Quote

OK.   To be clear, we would not take or eat food.  

IF the place tells us we can't be in there with firearms, we leave.    

It is not a dine and dash.  

After they make THEIR choice, do I need to specifically state clearly into a camera in the establishment the phrase, "Cancel the order" before walking out?

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just disagree with the scenario OP is proposing, and how he thinks it'd play out based on personal experience.
View Quote

From your personal experience, what is/are the specific issue(s) that must be avoided, please?

Please, spill the beans.   Please do not be vague.   Please be constructive.   Please, tell me the specific issue(s).
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

From your personal experience, what is/are the specific issue(s) that must be avoided, please?

Please, spill the beans.   Please do not be vague.   Please be constructive.   Please, tell me the specific issue(s).
View Quote

As I said in an earlier post-

If the place has a sign that says "no guns" do not go in there, and show that you are wearing a gun as some kind of protest. That is just dumb. You are just asking for a third party to "invite the man into your life".

Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:36:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If the place has a sign that says "no guns" do not go in there, and show that you are wearing a gun as some kind of protest. That is just dumb. You are just asking for a third party to "invite the man into your life".

View Quote

And do what, not order?   Going into a restaurant and not ordering does seem like a questionable move at best.

Hell, going in with a gun is NOT illegal.   It is reasonable that I could be preoccupied and don't see any signs.   Maybe I am time facing or some such garbage.   As long as I leave when asked, what is the legal issue?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:51:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And do what, not order?   Going into a restaurant and not ordering does seem like a questionable move at best.

Hell, going in with a gun is NOT illegal.   It is reasonable that I could be preoccupied and don't see any signs.   Maybe I am time facing or some such garbage.   As long as I leave when asked, what is the legal issue?
View Quote

You have fun with that plan.  You are looking for trouble with the course you intend to steer, and I suspect you will eventually find it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You have fun with that plan.  You are looking for trouble with the course you intend to steer, and I suspect you will eventually find it.
View Quote

No pointing out what the legal issue is.

No stating what your similar experience was.

Thanks for all of the help and invaluable guidance.

I suppose we should all just go hide our guns.

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No pointing out what the legal issue is.

No stating what your similar experience was.

Thanks for all of the help and invaluable guidance.

I suppose we should all just go hide our guns.

View Quote

If that's your takeaway, so be it.
Good luck with your scheme.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If that's your takeaway, so be it.
Good luck with your scheme.
View Quote

Thank you so very much.   I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I USUALLY open carry. I am not ashamed of my gun and I don't try to sneak it into places where they don't want it. If they don't want my gun, they don't get me and my money either.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I USUALLY open carry. I am not ashamed of my gun and I don't try to sneak it into places where they don't want it. If they don't want my gun, they don't get me and my money either.
View Quote

I used to (A Lot), but it kept getting bashed against what I was working on, or getting blasted by dirt/dust/rain/snow.

Otherwise I stand on "concealed is concealed", but agree with taking business elsewhere as a wiser action.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Decent people have to stand up and say to these businesses, "Watch me take my business elsewhere".    It is my opinion that being silent and unseen is ineffective.

People are going to do their thing.   I'll do mine.    I have a plan.    
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Blah
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Decent people have to stand up and say to these businesses, "Watch me take my business elsewhere".    It is my opinion that being silent and unseen is ineffective.

People are going to do their thing.   I'll do mine.    I have a plan.    
View Quote

I'm game to help.

Folks like you and softopoint have done more to help gun rights in KY this way than folks like meplat with their acquiescence to bad behavior.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm game to help.

Folks like you and softopoint have done more to help gun rights in KY this way than folks like meplat with their acquiescence to bad behavior.
View Quote

So suggesting someone not make a scene (involving firearms) in a private business is "acquiescence to bad behavior"?

Ohhkay then.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So suggesting someone not make a scene (involving firearms) in a private business is "acquiescence to bad behavior"?

Ohhkay then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm game to help.

Ohhkay then.

Stop lying and making shit up.      No one except you has mentioned "making a scene".  

Ohhkay then.

You were politely asked the following:
Quoted:

You were silent on the matter.     As you have offered nothing positive nor constructive, I politely request you remain silent in this thread, please.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm game to help.

View Quote

Thank you for reviewing the details of the matter/plan.     I greatly appreciate your time and expertise.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Stop lying and making shit up.      No one except you has mentioned "making a scene".  

Ohhkay then.

You were silent on the matter.     As you have offered nothing positive nor constructive, I politely request you remain silent in this thread, please.

View Quote

I am under no obligation to provide my C.V., to justify what to most, would be sound advice.
Since that obviously confuses you based on your " Stop lying and making shit up " comment, I'll suggest you "have fun, and have an attorney on speed-dial".
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I am under no obligation to provide my C.V., to justify what to most, would be sound advice.
Since that obviously confuses you based on your " Stop lying and making shit up " comment, I'll suggest you "have fun, and have an attorney on speed-dial".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohhkay then.

I understand your point about your life.     I asked for specific guidance on what exactly should be avoided.   You never responded with anything that was factually applicable.

I can't imagine people in our society today not having an attorney or three on speed dial.    That is life today.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I understand your point about your life.     I asked for specific guidance on what exactly should be avoided.   You never responded with anything that was factually applicable.

I can't imagine people in our society today not having an attorney or three on speed dial.    That is life today.

View Quote

Because I already gave it.  I think it's a bad idea. We're at the point where we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
I think your plan is not a wise one, but you are going to do you. Hopefully it works. I have been wrong before, and likely will be again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, I learned something.  Meplat lives in a kinder, gentler area of the state.    I am a gentleman, no doubt.   But I live in a sewer with nasty animals.  

Something that Meplat might consider undue attention is a non-event in a shit-hole.    

Nevertheless, I too know to keep everything within the bounds of the law.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Well, it did not go as expected/planned.

Took the family to a restaurant in the shopping center on Shelbyville Road.  

My plan was simple.   Let the family out.   They all go in concealed carrying, legally.   I park and then go in open carrying, legally.   They would then ask me to take the gun to my car.   I would then POLITELY inform them that all of us will leave as we are all carrying, and we will go where our business is welcome.   We would then go to a neighboring business and spend our money there.   I would then follow up with corporate advising them we took our money elsewhere and would use the internet to encourage others to do likewise.   There was absolutely NOTHING illegal or controversial in my plan.  

That did not happen.   There were no signs on the doors.   There were only 2 servers on duty.   Ours did a great job.   I went to the restroom to wash up.    Besides carrying a firearm and spare mags openly, I carried one of my usual Maxpedition Fatboy Versipacks containing another firearm with a mounted light and laser, half dozen mags, medical kit to include bleed kit with tourniquet, spare batteries, multitool, spare knife, spare pocket knife, and a few other things.   NOTHING negative happened whatsoever.

The food was good.   The service was unexpectedly good to great.    None of the hottest listed wings were what I would call hot, maybe some were mildly spicy.  In all, it was one of my better experiences.  

That's it.   A big fat juicy nothing burger.    That's how it should and did go.    That was Saturday.   Friday, my wife and I took another AR15.COM member and his adult son out for dinner at a Korean restaurant.   I open carried and carried a bag.   Similar experience.  

FYI -  I wore a different tshirt that I originally said I would.    I had forgotten I was supposed to wear the "just the tip" tshirt.   Instead, I wore a tshirt very similar to this...

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well, it did not go as expected/planned.

Took the family to a restaurant in the shopping center on Shelbyville Road.  

My plan was simple.   Let the family out.   They all go in concealed carrying, legally.   I park and then go in open carrying, legally.   They would then ask me to take the gun to my car.   I would then POLITELY inform them that all of us will leave as we are all carrying, and we will go where our business is welcome.   We would then go to a neighboring business and spend our money there.   I would then follow up with corporate advising them we took our money elsewhere and would use the internet to encourage others to do likewise.   There was absolutely NOTHING illegal or controversial in my plan.  

That did not happen.   There were no signs on the doors.   There were only 2 servers on duty.   Ours did a great job.   I went to the restroom to wash up.    Besides carrying a firearm and spare mags openly, I carried one of my usual Maxpedition Fatboy Versipacks containing another firearm with a mounted light and laser, half dozen mags, medical kit to include bleed kit with tourniquet, spare batteries, multitool, spare knife, spare pocket knife, and a few other things.   NOTHING negative happened whatsoever.

The food was good.   The service was unexpectedly good to great.    None of the hottest listed wings were what I would call hot, maybe some were mildly spicy.  In all, it was one of my better experiences.  

That's it.   A big fat juicy nothing burger.    That's how it should and did go.    That was Saturday.   Friday, my wife and I took another AR15.COM member and his adult son out for dinner at a Korean restaurant.   I open carried and carried a bag.   Similar experience.  

FYI -  I wore a different tshirt that I originally said I would.    I had forgotten I was supposed to wear the "just the tip" tshirt.   Instead, I wore a tshirt very similar to this...
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1258/3447/products/[email protected]?v=1570027627

View Quote

Your recent experiences are exactly what I have experienced, MOST of the time. The people that tell you that open carry will cause a disturbance or a call to the police have had rare, aberrant reactions or are just too timid to actually do it. In some very rare cases, I have had a few negative experiences but not often enough for it to keep me from doing what I want to do. In my case, I actually WANT negative reactions. That way I get an opportunity to straighten out the uninformed. I will admit that it is not much fun if you are with your family and it ruins a family outing but compared to surrendering your rights, it is a small thing. In this day of businesses struggling to stay afloat, not many are asking paying customers to leave and in most cases, nobody even sees your gun. People carry so many things on their belts now, cell phone, knives, pagers, tools, MP3 players and other miss. electronics, that nobody can figure out what is what. I actively look for those that open carry and am often unsure what another person has on their belt. In KY, negative reactions are rare. If you have had one, tell me where and I will go there open carrying. Maybe my affable personality can charm them into a different reaction and a change of policy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#39]
@softpoint
Grey Line Station, N. Limestone, Lexington KY. (old bus depot on the corner of Loudon and N. Lime)
"NO GUNS" sticker on Lime side of building, glass door closest to intersection
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:07:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@softpoint
Grey Line Station, N. Limestone, Lexington KY. (old bus depot on the corner of Loudon and N. Lime)
"NO GUNS" sticker on Lime side of building, glass door closest to intersection
View Quote

I believe that is a shopping mall and private property. If that is true, they can ban anything they want to ban, guns included. Can you get a picture of the sign for me? .
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you really want to hurt them financially, stop giving them business, and convince others to do the same.
View Quote

Well said and I fully agree.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I believe that is a shopping mall and private property. If that is true, they can ban anything they want to ban, guns included. Can you get a picture of the sign for me? .
View Quote

Sorry for the delay, softpoint. I  to take a break from the 'net...  Yes, I *do* believe that it is considered to be private property, since it is a "development" project. I'll get you a picture tomorrow (Tuesday) when the light is better. I'll send it to Green Bullet to post, since the work computer doesn't like pictures.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Withholding your money from a business will only work if you tell them that you are withholding your money, why you are withholding it and where you are taking your money. Just because you are not there does not tell them that your absence and the loss of revenue associated with that absence is related to their antigun policies. You have to tell them you will not be back, why you will not be back and which of their competitors will benefit from their antigun policies.

If there is "trouble" out there to be directed toward me for exercising my rights as a free man I will gladly steer to "find" it. Private property owners have the same right to control their property as I have to control mine, but I will not reward them with my money when they refuse to recognize my right to protect my life and the lives of my loved ones. My rights are important to me. Others may place whatever value they please on their own rights. Life is full of dangers and risks. "Trouble" is everywhere. If avoiding "trouble" is more important than living as a free person it might be safer to stay home hiding under the bed.

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And I quote-

View Quote

That is EXACTLY "how you get your point across". You seem to suggest that acquiescence to these intrusions upon our rights and our safety are going to somehow lead them to solve themselves. I can assure you it will not. It will just lead more people to decide that nobody cares and it's ok to violate people's rights and more signs will go up. You have to break some eggs to make an omelet. If fearing that you may have to talk to the police is enough to make you surrender your rights, you will soon have none.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never felt the urge to do that.  Although for Buffalo Wild Wings, the one I went to in KY didn't have signage anyway, so such a gesture would have been pointless.  

However if you want there's a good app out there called "Posted!" where you can share what locations ban firearms and which ones allow them, or have no signage.

Although we did have one case where we were asked to leave a restaurant because of firearms.  We were regulars there too, tipped well, and even fed the jukebox so they had music (something the servers had said they appreciated).  That was the last time we ever stepped foot inside.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:40:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Great job, but did you tell them that you would never be back and why? Without you telling them that you will never be back and why, they will never know.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Withholding your money from a business will only work if you tell them that you are withholding your money, why you are withholding it and where you are taking your money. Just because you are not there does not tell them that your absence and the loss of revenue associated with that absence is related to their antigun policies. You have to tell them you will not be back, why you will not be back and which of their competitors will benefit from their antigun policies.

If there is "trouble" out there to be directed toward me for exercising my rights as a free man I will gladly steer to "find" it. Private property owners have the same right to control their property as I have to control mine, but I will not reward them with my money when they refuse to recognize my right to protect my life and the lives of my loved ones. My rights are important to me. Others may place whatever value they please on their own rights. Life is full of dangers and risks. "Trouble" is everywhere. If avoiding "trouble" is more important than living as a free person it might be safer to stay home hiding under the bed.

View Quote

I wholeheartedly agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top