Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2020 10:48:12 AM EDT
Came across this article today, I think some may find it interesting although not hopeful.

https://bearingarms.com/cam-e/2020/08/21/new-jersey-interest-in-2a-at-record-highs/
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 3:40:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Couldn't hurt if those prospective gun owners voted for gun rights but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's an excerpt for those that don't click on links:
As of August 12, the New Jersey State Police has received nearly 130,000 firearm applications, topping the number of applications the agency received in 2018 and 2019 combined, according to State Police data. The number of applications this year has increased by more than 137% since last year with more than 4 months left in 2020, according to the agency.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
99 reads and you are the only reply.
Wonder not why this state is fucked.
In the old days it was called "apathy", some today will say its reality and just accept it.
Sad.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
99 reads and you are the only reply.
Wonder not why this state is fucked.
In the old days it was called "apathy", some today will say its reality and just accept it.
Sad.
View Quote

There is a difference between being apathetic and being worn the fuck out. The supreme court's refusal to hear our concealed carry cases was a real kick in the nuts. I support the NJARPC and the NJ2AS but I'm hoping to move out of here in the next few years.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There is a difference between being apathetic and being worn the fuck out. The supreme court's refusal to hear our concealed carry cases was a real kick in the nuts. I support the NJARPC and the NJ2AS but I'm hoping to move out of here in the next few years.
View Quote

And don't forget there are 2 million people voting Democrat against 1 million voting Republican in NJ.

Snowballs chance in hell as the saying goes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:25:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And don't forget there are 2 million people voting Democrat against 1 million voting Republican in NJ.
View Quote

Well, let's take Murphy's election...  he won by about 300,000 votes (1.2 million to 900,000 for Kim Guadagno).  The problem is, only a total of 2.1 million people voted - vs. the 5.8 million registered voters.  That means over 3 million people stayed home, probably because all they hear is, "There's no point in voting - the 'other' candidate doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell".

It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.  And I wish the hell it would stop.  As shown above, it's not JUST the liberal mindset that's killing this state, and this country...  it's voter apathy ALLOWING that liberal mindset to dominate.

Like it or not, believe it or not, YOU are part of the problem.  I know you vote - but your constant pessimism drives an unknown number of others to NOT vote.  And that's slowly killing all of us.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, let's take Murphy's election...  he won by about 300,000 votes (1.2 million to 900,000 for Kim Guadagno).  The problem is, only a total of 2.1 million people voted - vs. the 5.8 million registered voters.  That means over 3 million people stayed home, probably because all they hear is, "There's no point in voting - the 'other' candidate doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell".

It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.  And I wish the hell it would stop.  As shown above, it's not JUST the liberal mindset that's killing this state, and this country...  it's voter apathy ALLOWING that liberal mindset to dominate.

Like it or not, believe it or not, YOU are part of the problem.  I know you vote - but your constant pessimism drives an unknown number of others to NOT vote.  And that's slowly killing all of us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry but I do not see the voter apathy in my circle of family, friends, and neighbors who are 99.9% conservative. My little town is bright red and there was good turn out to vote for Kim.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've heard some who would never think of looking at a firearm now making efforts to purchase and learn.

Question is, to arm to protect themselves or to be part of Civil War 2.0?
View Quote

NSSF then surveyed retailers and found that 40 percent of sales were conducted to purchasers who have never previously owned a firearm.” Forty percent of 12.1 million is 4,840,000, or nearly five million sales.

https://100percentfedup.com/national-shooting-sports-foundation-reports-nearly-5-million-first-time-gun-buyers-so-far-in-2020/

I don't know if your questioned can be answered until the time arrives.  However those of us that "got ready" during the Obama years, I believe, did so because we were not going to allow our Republic to flounder and wilt away under the Marxist rule of Barry. I think its safe to say that these first time gun buyers mat be concerned about what has been going on with Antifa as well as BLM.  A large portion of these newbies live in very depressed areas and they now that the police will not be there  to  help   them.

I also believe that this election cycle will be chaotic and we will not accept the results of the "harvested" election, neither will the other side.  How will we know if it is a "civil war" or just another civil mayhem.
When the shooting starts how can one differentiate who is who?

SHTF is near IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then there are those of us been around and voting long enough to know full well nothing is EVER going to change for the better until the shooting starts......case in point....you state the numbers voting for either side as if that means anything. The Bill of Rights was insisted upon SPECIFICALLY so the majority could not "vote away" the rights of the minority.  And we see how well that worked. Every damn one of the enumerated rights listed as untouchable by government, has been hindered by that same government, with the government appointed courts upholding all of it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sorry but I do not see the voter apathy in my circle of family, friends, and neighbors who are 99.9% conservative. My little town is bright red and there was good turn out to vote for Kim.
View Quote

I agree with your comment, everyone I speak with says they have had it with the SQUAD and their commie cohort.
No apathy when it comes to voting conservative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top