Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2018 11:26:49 PM EDT
How many armed robberies this week?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Its Duncanville 3.0
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I live in Waxahachie,  just south of Red Oak. Had not heard of any recent armed robberies. Google search turned up one recently where a lady was carjacked. Do you have any links to these robberies?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in Waxahachie,  just south of Red Oak. Had not heard of any recent armed robberies. Google search turned up one recently where a lady was carjacked. Do you have any links to these robberies?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FROM ECSO

On Wednesday, December 05, 2018 at approximately 12:45 hours (12:45pm), Ellis County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to an Aggravated Robbery in the 900 block of Augusta in Red Oak, Texas.

Witnesses said two (2) African – American males entered into the residence armed with a handgun. The actors were described as approximately 5’5” to 5’11”. They were both slender built. One male wore a green and white short-sleeve t-shirt with black baggy pants. The other male wore a black hoodie and dark jeans. Both males wore black batting gloves. Witnesses said the actors fled in an older model silver four door sedan with tinted windows. Possibly an early 2000 model Hyundai. The front emblem of the vehicle was noted as the color of rust. The vehicle
license plate is unknown. The firearm brandished at the scene was described as a two-tone green and black semi-automatic handgun. The witness said the firearm had an extended magazine. Actors fled the scene with a medium size black metal safe. The safe had combination (dial)
lock.

The vehicle was last seen traveling north on Interstate Highway 35E service road towards Dallas.
This is behind the Walmart on Ovilla.

There was another story about Starbucks getting robbed, but then I heard it had something to do with a laptop getting stolen, so it wasn't a store robbery. I didn't get the whole story on that.

My mother who is 70 also had a weird experience, she was shopping there, not Walmart, but one of the stores. Some man approached her, touched her on the shoulder and told her one of the lights on her truck wasn't working. She thanked him, continued shopping and didn't leave the store for a while. When she got home, she had my father look at the truck. It's a 2018 GMC 1500 quad cab and it's pretty well equipped with leather, LED lights, etc. Dad can't find where anything on the truck isn't working 100%.

Dad is paranoid as hell now. He already had 2 different sets of cameras on the house and he carries. My mother has no desire to touch a gun. She's also bought herself a Cadillac. I think both Dad and I are worried about someone following her home or something.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:27:51 AM EDT
[#4]
That’s crazy. And I don’t blame your Dad for being paranoid, either. Sounds like Red Oak is experiencing an unfortunate crime rate growth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top