Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2021 11:39:17 PM EDT
I’m bringing the wife and kid up for a few nights to do some hiking.  Can anyone point me in the right direction for an area where I can throw a spinning reel and have some luck with some trout?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Amicalola Creek crosses right under hwy 53, and Rock Creek and Cooper's Creek WMA areas are pretty close up there with forest service road access.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
If you definitely want to catch something the Frank Gross Recreation Area is downstream from the hatchery.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Sent you an email
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The Toccoa tail water below lake Blue Ridge has a nice park (Tammen), it's normally stocked from spring to fall, but usually a few around all year. Further down stream there is Horseshoe Bend park that has shoals that you can get out and wade if they aren't generating. If you do fish the lower Toccoa do pay attention to the generation as the river will jump up.

The Frank Gross campground and Rock Creek around the hatchery can have a lot of fish, its not too far from Ellijay, as is Coopers Creek as well, but its a little bit of a drive.

If you are just looking to fish and catch but not keep, the Amicalola and Toccoa have stretches that are delayed harvest, meaning special regs and all fish must be released.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Toccoa tail water below lake Blue Ridge has a nice park (Tammen), it's normally stocked from spring to fall, but usually a few around all year. Further down stream there is Horseshoe Bend park that has shoals that you can get out and wade if they aren't generating. If you do fish the lower Toccoa do pay attention to the generation as the river will jump up.

The Frank Gross campground and Rock Creek around the hatchery can have a lot of fish, its not too far from Ellijay, as is Coopers Creek as well, but its a little bit of a drive.

If you are just looking to fish and catch but not keep, the Amicalola and Toccoa have stretches that are delayed harvest, meaning special regs and all fish must be released.
View Quote

Where is the best bang for your buck fishing/camping spot? Closer to Ellijay is better but we want a F-S-S trip with 4-5 father son groups.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry I missed your reply, if you still need help, send me a PM. It's really all about what type of fishing / experience you want to have, and how far you want to drive, but you have options within an hour
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top