Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2022 3:23:35 PM EDT
So my sister bought a home in Jackson about two gears ago. What would it take or is it possible for me to go Elk hunting out there? Can I effectively base out of her home or do I still need to get way up in the mountains? Any advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 2:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're probably going to have to draw a tag around Jackson, because most of that area is limited quota, so it could be years before you draw. Non-resident elk tags are a little over $700.  I live at the base of a mountain range, and I still tent camp when I hunt near the house because it gets old driving up the hill everyday trying to get there before daybreak.
View Quote

Thanks for the response! Are  Non-resident tags readily available? A Colorado NR tag is 600.00
So WY sounds reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
We used to hunt area 81, which is near there.  It's a bit of a drive to get there from Jackson, Dubois is easier, but it's a General area for antlerless elk.

The bears in that area have been a problem for the last dozen years or so.  A rifle shot is like ringing the grizzly bear dinner bell.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank ya’ll for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top