Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2021 10:09:16 PM EDT
Anyone got any insight for a guy from MO.  Checking a few spots been previous but everything is so dried up out here it’s tough finding any water sources or recent tracks.  Hunting unit 21 archery and got 6 more days out here. camped off of 7 near the little hills conservation. Appreciate any help you are willing to share.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense intended but don’t expect anyone from CO to tell you where to find elk. It’s kind of a trade secret ??

If you wanna kill elk on a DIY I’d suggest reading about Elk and their habitat as much as possible. Understand winter and summer range, the weather at high/lower elevations and Elk feeding habits throughout the year. Also, understand that they migrate, they’re very unlike the whitetail you’re probably used to.

Make an account on RokSlide and DO NOT ask about hunting spots, just post for folks knowledge about elk and take notes.

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I totally get it and if people don’t want to share I understand and that’s just part of hunting.  Just thought I’d reach out and see.  Hope I didn’t come off as offensive asking the question.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I totally get it and if people don’t want to share I understand and that’s just part of hunting.  Just thought I’d reach out and see.  Hope I didn’t come off as offensive asking the question.
View Quote

Not at all, it’s just worth mentioning. The CPW and Google Earth are your friend in your situation.

Elk need food, water and security. I find most sign in dark timber, for some reason usually on north facing slopes which I assume helps keep them cool in warmer temps. Read about finding them, it’s interesting.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
spent a lot of hard time in meeker for work.

dunno about elk but the italian restaurant is a must visit.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33547-d2365791-Reviews-Ma_Famiglia-Meeker_Colorado.html

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No offense intended but don’t expect anyone from CO to tell you where to find elk. It’s kind of a trade secret ??

If you wanna kill elk on a DIY I’d suggest reading about Elk and their habitat as much as possible. Understand winter and summer range, the weather at high/lower elevations and Elk feeding habits throughout the year. Also, understand that they migrate, they’re very unlike the whitetail you’re probably used to.

Make an account on RokSlide and DO NOT ask about hunting spots, just post for folks knowledge about elk and take notes.

View Quote

I don't mind.  You can find plenty in my in-laws' yard.  I don't recommend trying to shoot them in the middle of town though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top