Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/20/2021 12:11:05 AM EDT
Ohio guys, say you had a 2100sqft house.   Built in 1948.

How much to rewire the house from pole to outlets?

Anyone who can help I can pm inspection info and address.

Pretty sure I'm not buying, inspection was bad but need advice.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have rewired more older homes than I can count.  To rewire a house that size and bring everything up to code a rough ballpark without seeing it would be 10k-15k, maybe even a bit more than that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked for a electric contractor that did alot of rewires in cincinnati.  I agree with 10k at least and don't forgot the cost of repairing all the drywall/plaster repair plus painting etc.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Roughly to rewire the entire house about 15K to 20K plus about 2500.00 for the panel upgrade..

it all depends on the layout of the house... lots of things that can make the price go up. and what you want done...

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:19:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's that old and bad you might as well gut the whole place and redo everything. That way everything can be done to exactly what is needed. I'm sure the insulation is non existant, plumbing is bad, and other issues
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Free bump

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I would also tell you to factor in the rapid increase in building material costs copper has been going up every day in this currently at a higher price highest price. You might want to add 10 to 15%. And the best way to go about it is to request an electrician meet you on site and provide a rough estimate.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top