Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2018 7:28:54 AM EDT
https://www.ktnv.com/news/tougher-gun-laws-among-new-nevada-governors-top-priorities

Left cold intentionally.

Shorthand: Our new lying POS governor wants an assault weapon ban, silencer ban, and bumpstock ban.  He isn't interested in a buyback program (so does that mean grandfathering existing or seizure?).  BOHICA
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost a year ago I bought my first NFA items: a pair of suppressors.

I'm getting nervous now that I may not be able to legally possess them after this session. Or even take ownership of them depending on how much longer I have to wait.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
When the R's were fully "in charge" the D's had very little trouble blocking their good bills.
Tit for tat, time for us to do that!
Given enough heat even a rabid gun banner will usually back-off hoping for a chance to ram something through on another day.
We have to fire the heat up and keep it up.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When the R's were fully "in charge" the D's had very little trouble blocking their good bills.
Tit for tat, time for us to do that!
Given enough heat even a rabid gun banner will usually back-off hoping for a chance to ram something through on another day.
We have to fire the heat up and keep it up.
View Quote
This, We need to put them on the defensive. We need to start attacking them. As long as we are on the defensive we will loose.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
I'd rename McArran after Tony Spilotro before I'd name it after The Criminal Called Harry Reid. At least Spilotro helped build this city.

Leave it the way it is. Besides, Pat McCarran was 100 times the man Reid is.

FHR.

Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The governor ran on the ‘ban guns used 10/1/17’ and I knew it would be his first move. He couldn’t let his Begas voters down. The blue card system was just eliminated so we now need a statewide registration.

Also, I hear he wants to start having people smog cars statewide. Gotta get that emission money.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:44:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they could name the Clark County Jail after Reid.  That’s where he belongs anyway.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The governor ran on the ‘ban guns used 10/1/17’ and I knew it would be his first move. He couldn’t let his Begas voters down. The blue card system was just eliminated so we now need a statewide registration.

Also, I hear he wants to start having people smog cars statewide. Gotta get that emission money.
View Quote
So, ban H.A.N. too?
Seems this prick wants to start a war with me.
My custom cars may be even more important to me than guns!
I might have to make becoming his worst nightmare my full time job.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Since lame Laxolt did not use any of the dirt in the new governor's past (large "contributions" from real estate developers, business, unions
or the questionable relationship with his ex's under age daughter -where the fuck are the # Metoo fucknuts!!!) should we not get dirty too?

For craps sake the state elected a attorney general with a frickin' record (and who is confrontational with police).

I lived in HI, so I know what it is to live in a "banned" state- it's not fun.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Start banning shit so we can all not comply and kick this thing off already. Fuck California policy and influence, and all the assholes moving here and voting for the exact same shit that made their 3rd world shithole so wonderful.
The logic (or lack thereof) of my former state boggles the mind.

I was just in what was once beautiful downtown LA eating at a $100+ a head restaurant, and I had to trip over homeless tents on the way out the door. Can't wait till we have that extra ambiance in front of the Bellagio Fountain. It'll be a hit with the Cali tourists!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:39:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Start banning shit so we can all not comply and kick this thing off already. Fuck California policy and influence, and all the assholes moving here and voting for the exact same shit that made their 3rd world shithole so wonderful.
The logic (or lack thereof) of my former state boggles the mind.

I was just in what was once beautiful downtown LA eating at a $100+ a head restaurant, and I had to trip over homeless tents on the way out the door. Can't wait till we have that extra ambiance in front of the Bellagio Fountain. It'll be a hit with the Cali tourists!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Should we start working with SHOT and other organizations suggesting an unfriendly Nevada political climate to their industry should be rewarded with moving their events, operations and business elsewhere?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Should we start working with SHOT and other organizations suggesting an unfriendly Nevada political climate to their industry should be rewarded with moving their events, operations and business elsewhere?
View Quote
Sounds good to me!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]
https://www.nssf.org/shot-show-to-remain-at-sands-expo-through-2027/

At the bottom it indicates revenue for Las Vegas from SHOT remaining until 2027 is around 1.1 Billion dollars, that's a large sum of money pumping into Nevada's economy. I'll happily contribute to the hat we might have to pass to help NSSF cover the cost of cancellation should it be required.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone should tell the dope that suppressors are already restricted by state and federal law unless you are willing to jump through the NFA hoops. My guess is you’d be hard pressed to find an example of a legally possessed suppressor used in a crime.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Someone should tell the dope that suppressors are already restricted by state and federal law unless you are willing to jump through the NFA hoops. My guess is you’d be hard pressed to find an example of a legally possessed suppressor used in a crime.
View Quote
Ain't care. You should know by now that logic has fuck-all to do with what these fucksticks are trying to do.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I think it’s what he will do......sheriff is right there with him. Going to be interesting times ahead.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah the NFA stuff in particular is going to be 'interesting'.  Are they going to grandfather in things or are they planning on violating Constitutional rights of NV Citizens by taking legally owned property away from folks with no compensation?   What about people that have NFA tax stamp paperwork already in the queue (such as Form 1s & 4s), what happens to all that?

This could be a shit-show of epic proportions.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Didn’t Colorado take away magazine capacity as well as California? I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter what you own now it’s what they say you can own. I don’t think the NRA would fight for Nevada to keep private full autos
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:00:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Even if your state reps are D-bags you have never spoken to, NOW is the time to begin doing so!
Let them know in no uncertain terms that you do NOT support this unconstitutional crap and they had better not do so either.
Let them know that your reaction will vary from support in the next election to sponsoring a recall effort immediately, depending on their actions.
Recalls rarely work but they DO embarrass and cost targeted legis-critters, they also provide campaign fodder for the opponent in the next election.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Sisolak can start by sharing the true motives for the Route 91 festival shooter. One that was NEVER disclosed btw...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:27:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Sadly it does not appear that we are going to get any help from the courts if states do ban weapons and/or magazines.

The 4th Circuit upheld a NJ ban on magazines with a capacity in excess of 10 rounds saying that it wasn’t a “taking” in the Constitutional sense because the higher capacity magazines could be converted into legal 10 rounders.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/court-appeals-upholds-new-jersey-magazine-capacity-limit/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20181207_FridayDigest_203&utm_campaign=/digest/court-appeals-upholds-new-jersey-magazine-capacity-limit/

The Supreme Court likewise turned away a challenge to a Maryland law banning semi automatic firearms essentially meaning that States can ban these types of firearms.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/breaking-scouts-turns-away-assault-weapons-ban-open-carry-cases/

In short, we are completely and totally effed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Without the "Blue card" crap to infirm them who has what any ban is unenforceable.
I figure that by the time Sissy and his goons can make much headway on confiscation after the inevitable court battles he will be out of office.
His main result will be enough NV gun owners becoming "Woke" that his ilk cannot reach the governorship again.
Bad law CAN be repealed, damn difficult but it does happen if enough heat is applied to the legislators.
His main legacy will be having sharpened the divide between Clark County and the rest of this state much like Chicago and the rest of Illinois or NYC and upper NY.
Not a legacy to be proud of, and it's begun even before he takes office!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Without the "Blue card" crap to infirm them who has what any ban is unenforceable.
I figure that by the time Sissy and his goons can make much headway on confiscation after the inevitable court battles he will be out of office.
His main result will be enough NV gun owners becoming "Woke" that his ilk cannot reach the governorship again.
Bad law CAN be repealed, damn difficult but it does happen if enough heat is applied to the legislators.
His main legacy will be having sharpened the divide between Clark County and the rest of this state much like Chicago and the rest of Illinois or NYC and upper NY.
Not a legacy to be proud of, and it's begun even before he takes office!
View Quote
And yet, suppressors are NFA registered.  This could get ugly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#26]
It could certainly get "Interesting"!
NFA is a Fed. TAX, and confidential between you and the Fed. Gov.
Technically ossifer Joe Friday has no right to see your form four without a warrant.
Read the form carefully, your local Po-Po are not among those listed as authorized to ask to see it.
Of course your local sheriff was notified or signed off when you got your NFA item, will he support the citizens who elected him, or break confidentiality to support the ban?
Our best answer remains being so involved that the 'tards "Blink" and never pass a ban.
Sissy cannot just enact one by some sort of executive order, he's going to be a governor, not the emperor!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Of course your local sheriff was notified or signed off when you got your NFA item, will he support the citizens who elected him, or break confidentiality to support the ban?
View Quote
Eh, Lombardo is a greasy one. I wouldnt doubt for one second he would do some shit like that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Eh, Lombardo is a greasy one. I wouldnt doubt for one second he would do some shit like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he is not exactly well loved by the other Sheriffs and Chiefs of Nevada.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Does the minority have any power at all to block legislation (like a filibuster in the US Senate) ?  Or are the commies simply going to californicate NV in one session ?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does the minority have any power at all to block legislation (like a filibuster in the US Senate) ?  Or are the commies simply going to californicate NV in one session ?
View Quote
One. Session. Done.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Technically ossifer Joe Friday has no right to see your form four without a warrant.
Read the form carefully, your local Po-Po are not among those listed as authorized to ask to see it.
Our best answer remains being so involved that the 'tards "Blink" and never pass a ban.
Sissy cannot just enact one by some sort of executive order, he's going to be a governor, not the emperor!
View Quote
He might just be a governor however he has a super majority in the state house and a simple majority in the state Senate. Who knows how long it will remain a simple majority instead of a super majority.

On top of that the only gun rights group here looks fairly week compared to what we had in oregon and washington. I am not optimistic with this overall combo and rather pissed off. I left oregon and washington to get away from this bs and found a good job. Along with all of that national gun right groups dont to be that effective lately either.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Are there any "pro gun" commies in the legislature or are they all marxist/shitbag gun-thieving sub-human trash as in CA ?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

One. Session. Done.
View Quote
So if they go full retard at the end of session, we have a full two years of anarchy and uh, dissent. Right?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't have the exact statistics at hand but I recall that several other states have found their varied bans to be somewhere between getting little compliance to almost none.
If most folk comply it gets fairly easy to force the rest into giving in, if virtually no one complies enforcement becomes very difficult.
Building prison camps to hold tens of thousands is bad political optics, likely to annoy enough relatives to ensure losing power at the next election.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

So if they go full retard at the end of session, we have a full two years of anarchy and uh, dissent. Right?
View Quote
Antifa style ;)

Honestly though I foresee it will be more along the lines of #willnotcomply.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Antifa style ;)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Antifa style ;)

Yeah, fuck them.   I plan to completely ignore whatever they do.  Did I mention: fuck them ?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#37]
To be "Hip" and in current style, Yellow Vest!

2A
Shall
Not
Be
Infringed!
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

One. Session. Done.
View Quote
Sadly this is true. Ask your friends from Colorado. Or New Jersey, or California, or Maryland. All it takes is one lousy legislative session and that’s it....
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:19:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
The ATF knows where they are, and they'll certainly be aware of state bans, that's one of the things they check.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#40]
But there is still a LOT of legal NFA in Kalifornia, and probably other states that used to be NFA legal!
"Grandfathered" from before the ban, and ATF is NOT confiscating or refusing to transfer it into another state.
What happens is that if Kalifornia finds out that the owner has died they show up and try to grab it from the estate.
So heirs have to move fast to get it out of Kali. jurisdiction.
Kali. cannot chase the NFA items across state lines to seize them.
Some of us should remember the whole story on the Stembridge sale as a prime example of Kali. trying to steal millions of dollars in NFA but being frustrated by the savvy owners.
Kali NFA holders "should" make arrangements ahead of time but too often do not.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:27:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
But there is still a LOT of legal NFA in Kalifornia, and probably other states that used to be NFA legal!
"Grandfathered" from before the ban, and ATF is NOT confiscating or refusing to transfer it into another state.
What happens is that if Kalifornia finds out that the owner has died they show up and try to grab it from the estate.
So heirs have to move fast to get it out of Kali. jurisdiction.
Kali. cannot chase the NFA items across state lines to seize them.
Some of us should remember the whole story on the Stembridge sale as a prime example of Kali. trying to steal millions of dollars in NFA but being frustrated by the savvy owners.
Kali NFA holders "should" make arrangements ahead of time but too often do not.
View Quote
I tend to agree that they can’t just take you stuff without some justification, unfortunately the NJ case cited above states that it is not a taking to force people with high capacity magazines to either reduce the capacity or destroy the magazines entirely. The legislation in the works in many states (and soon to be ours in our Blue Hole) will make the heady days of the old federal assault weapon ban look like the “good old days”
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I tend to agree that they can’t just take you stuff without some justification, unfortunately the NJ case cited above states that it is not a taking to force people with high capacity magazines to either reduce the capacity or destroy the magazines entirely. The legislation in the works in many states (and soon to be ours in our Blue Hole) will make the heady days of the old federal assault weapon ban look like the “good old days”
View Quote
They’re going to make a lot of felons out of a lot of good people.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I don't have the exact statistics at hand but I recall that several other states have found their varied bans to be somewhere between getting little compliance to almost none.
If most folk comply it gets fairly easy to force the rest into giving in, if virtually no one complies enforcement becomes very difficult.
Building prison camps to hold tens of thousands is bad political optics, likely to annoy enough relatives to ensure losing power at the next election.
View Quote
I know that California "AW" registration was estimated at less than 20%. (i.e. 80% + did NOT comply)
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Some if not all the rural Sheriffs aren't gonna bother with any nonsense gun laws  . So residents there wont know or care.

Clark and Washoe will fully implement everything though.
View Quote
Make some room at Rachel. You're going to have another squatter.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#46]
NJ's response, https://www.ammoland.com/2018/12/new-jersey-magazine-ban-goes-into-effect/?fbclid=IwAR3V3GEaqO4aAogxiDZjCxgaNF2yzqiSde_H4FxbRUrXVC55cn6zSo504WY#axzz5ZgDaD7aT
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Dickkhead talked to KOLO in October, here's a brilliant quote:  “I’m a big believer in the second amendment,” Sisolak said in October. “People have a right to bear arms. But what I saw at one October, the carnage, the bodies, and the blood… there is no need for bump stocks and expanded cartridges that hold 100 rounds. That’s what they had there. If that hadn’t been there, maybe they could save some lives.”
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They’re going to make a lot of felons out of a lot of good people.
View Quote
These days politics is about power and how to remain there. The dems would be more than happy to make felons out of gun owners because they are mostly conservative. Lock them up and make them felons and you have less conservative voters.

Sadly this a public relations war that we are losing. The press demonizes guns and the public blindly follows. It doesn’t help that you have a-holes going in and shooting up schools using ARs which as a parent is my worst nightmare. People are being manipulated and don’t even know it to our disadvantage. Unless we get an affirmative court ruling supporting us at some point I fear the anti gun lobby is going to continue to whittle away at gun rights on a state level. With Nevada turning into a blue hole that means us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top